As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, July 1, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter is released for shows #4576 to #4589
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Happy July everyone! We have a total of 14 playlists for you and shows for this Newsletter. As we continue to play catch up. A couple of worthy things to note is that this entire month - The 15th annual East Coast vs. West Coast Battle will be playing. And we will of course be giving away special prizes as well to the listeners that vote for their favorites. All sorts of other shows are rockin' this week as well. Oh and we also have the end of the month drawing for those that purchased from the Launching Pad this past month and see if your name is there! You might be a winner!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY CELEBRATES THE CLASS OF 1973 IN THIS MUSICAL CLASS REUNION IN SHOW #4576
Last week we features the Class of 1963 Reunion and now!!! Calling all graduates from the Class of 1973!! Lane Quigley will help you celebrate with the 40 Year Reunion Program right here on Rock-it Radio. Tune in and re-live the music, events and even commercials that were part of your life duing your senior year 1973. During the show, you'll also hear a dozen sound bites giving the back stories behind the music. Happy 40th Reunion !!
HOUR ONE 1. Kodachrome - Paul Simon 2. Little Willie - The Sweet 3. Drift Away - Dobie Gray 4. One Of a Kind (Love Affair) - The Spinners 5. Reeling In The Years - Steely Dan 6. You Are The Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder 7. Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple 8. Call Me (Come Back Home) - Al Green 9. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - Bette Midler 10. Steamroller Blues - Elvis Presley 11. That Lady - The Isley Brothers 12. Last Song - Edward Bear 13. Right Place, Wrong Time - Doctor John 14. Behind Closed Doors - Charlie Rich 15. Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye) - Gladys Knight & The Pips 16. Break Up To Make Up - The Stylistics 17. Yesterday Once More - The Carpenters
HOUR TWO 18. Bad Bad Leroy Brown - Jim Croce 19. Hearts of Stone - The Blue Ridge Rangers 20. Love Train - The Oâ€™Jays 21. Back When My Hair Was Short - Gunhill Road 22. Everything's Been Changed - The 5th Dimension 23. I'm Doin' Fine Now - New York City 24. Live and Let Die - Wings 25. The Cisco Kid - War 26. Big City Miss Ruth Ann - Gallery 27. Ain't No Woman (Like The One I Got) - The Four Tops 28. Shambala - Three Dog Night 29. Stuck In The Middle With You - Stealerâ€™s Wsheel 30. Pillow Talk - Sylvia 31. I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby - Barry White 32. Daniel - Elton John 33. Natural High - Bloodstone
A truly great memory from 1973 Lane! And these shows are always popular to collect - If you would like to order a copy go to our order page for Rock-it Radio shows at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html And also next week we will be doing the 1973 tribute with Lane Quigley as well. If you have any requests, comments or would like to just like to say hello to Lane you can at: email@example.com
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4577
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board.
Unfortunately we don't have a playlist for this show.
============================================== JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW FROM THE NETHERLANDS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4578
From the Netherlands here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers brings you a selection of great songs. In this show we have music from the USA, Australia and we have 8 European entries from the UK, Sweden, the Netherlands, Belgium (in the French language) and Norway. So, turn up the volume and enjoy the music.
1. Circle Rock - Lloyd Copas - 1958 2. It was you - Lonnie Mullins - 1959 3. Teddy boy rock 'n roll - Crazy Cavan & the Rhythm Rockers - 1974 4. I'm wondering now - Larry Phillipson & the Larry Lee Trio - 1954 5. Oh Rosalie - The Tielman Brothers - 1960 6. Backseat boogie - The Cascadez - 2001 7. Sacharin Sally - The Ty Tones - 1959? 8. Hey Rosalie - Micke Muster - 199x 9. Goin' crazy - Mack Self - 1956 10. Tell me baby - Lewis Weber & the Hi Fi's - 1958 11. Donna Donna - The Everly Brothers - 1960 12. Believe what you say - Ricky Nelson - 1958 13. Believe what you say - Aces Again - 2011 14. Mona (I need you baby) - Bo Diddley - 1957 15. Queen of hearts - Dixie Aces - 1994 16. You can't stay here - The Barker Brothers - 1958 17. Turn to me - Mac Curtis - 1975 18. Alone with you - The Flatfoot Shakers - 2002 19. Big Chief Buffalo Nickle - Macey Ross - ? 20. Fancy Dan - Gene Summers - 1958 21. But in a million years - George Ritchie - 1959 22. TV hop - Morgan Twins - 1958 23. Weekend twist - Burt Blanca - 1961 24. Jukebox, jukebox - Buck & the Black Caps - 1996 25. Do baby do - Johnny & Dorsey Burnette - 1958 26. Saturday night at the duck pond - The Cougars - 1963
Thanks Jack and another nice thing about your shows is that people from this side of the pond get to hear a new set of oldies that were not available here in the States. If you would like to write to Jack with requests or comments or would just like to say hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND & THE ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY WITH IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4579
Featuring Gene Vincent's 10th recording session for Capitol, session number 6099 at Capitol Tower Hollywood, Los Angeles on June 19th 1957. Royce Porter rockabilly legend and country song writer whose songs have sold over 65 million tells of his time at Spade, Look and Mercury Records and shares stories from his amazing career.
Gene Vincent Sessions 01. I Got It - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 02. Wear My Ring - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 03. Lotta Lovin' - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 04. Rollin' danny - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps
High School Rock & Roll 05. High School U.S.A. ( Newark ) - Tommy Facenda Comedy Spot 06. I Need A Vacation - Jim Backus
07. Royce Porter - Poppin' In 08. Royce Porter - First record with SPADE 09. A Woman Can Make You Blue - Royce Porter 10. I End Up Crying - Royce Porter 11. Royce Porter LOOK label 12. Yes I Do - Royce Porter 13. Our Perfect Romance - Royce Porter 14. Royce Porter - Time in navy & MERCURY records. 15. Royce Porter Having a good time on RNRDP. 16. Good Time / Lookin' / Beach Of Love - Royce Porter 17. Royce Porter - Acuf & Rose song writing 18. Royce Porter - George Strait 20. What's Goining On In Your world - George Strait 21. Royce Porter - Chats about The Planet Rockers & his new Cd. 22. Billy Thunder - The Planet Rockers 23. Lonesome Traveller - The Planet Rockers
Aussie Rockabilly 24. Down He Goes - Sin & Tonic 25. Batmobile - Jump & Jive 26. Greasy Hair - The Flatfoot Shakers Rydell's Records 27. My Baby Only Wants To Rock - Nelson Carrera 28. Honey Bop - Nelson Carrera
If you have any comments or g'days or just a friendly hello for Trevor. You can contact him at: Trevor@rockitradio.net
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH WITH PT. 2 OF A TRIBUTE TO R&B LEGEND LEE ALLEN ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4580
This show concludes my two part examination of the contribution of sideman Lee Allen's contribution to Rock and Roll. Numerous well known recordings as well as those less well known that include Lee Allen in them are played. As well, side two of Lee Allen's only solo L.P. 'Walkin' With Mr. Lee on the Ember record label is played ,thus completing the entire album over the course of the two shows. His inclusion in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is only a matter of time. The play list is as follows:
1. Boppin' At The Hop-Lee Allen 1958 2. Promenade-Lee Allen 1958 3. I'm Walkin' -Fats Domino 1957 4. Tutti Frutti-Little Richard 1955 5. The Eel-Lee Allen 1954 6. Creole Alley-Lee Allen 1954 7. Let's Make Love Tonight-Lee Allen/w Earl Williams vocal 1954 8. Big Mamou-Smiley Lewis 1953 9. Play Girl-Smiley Lewis 1953 10. Roll 'Em Pete-The Blasters 1982 11. Tic Toc-Lee Allen 1958 12. Strollin' With Mr. Lee 1958 13. Junko Partner-Dr. John 1972 14. Good Golly Miss Molly-Little Richard 1956 15. Just To Hold My Hand-Big Boy Miles and The Sha-weez 1956 16. Keep A Knockin' -The Blasters 1982 17. Jim Jam-Lee Allen 1958 18. Lee's Blues-Lee Allen 1958 19. Big Horn Special-Lee Allen 1958 20. Ball The Wall-Professor Longhair 1953 21. Wasn't That Good-Stray Cats 1981 22. Jenny Jenny-Little Richard 1956
Another great series of a R&B great Al! and we look forward to hearing them. If you have any requests or comments for The Cool Daddy up there in Studio C. You can e mail him at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH AN ALL REQUEST SHOW IN ROCK-IT #4581
This week's "Juke In The Back" is completely turned over to YOU, the hep cats and crazy kittens who dig on these vintage Rhythm & Blues sounds each week. Matt The Cat is taking requests from all over the world and putting your voices on the air. We'll hear from Germany, The Netherlands and Madison, Wisconsin, just to name a few of the exotic locales that called into the Juke Hotline at 812-JUKE-MTC. Our Jukers chose an eclectic mix of R&B going back to early Memphis Slim, a rarely heard duet between Earl Bostic and Bill Doggett, some LIVE Lavern Baker from 1956 and many more surprises. So gather up your nickels and dimes and prepare to hear the wildest show yet. It's the first of hopefully more ALL REQUST "Juke In The Back" shows.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Bo-Do Rock - Earl Bostic & Bill Doggett - King 1956 3. Mamo Mamo - Marvin & Johnny & The Marsmen - Specialty 1955 4. Don't Leave Me Fanny - The Royal Jokers - Atco 1956 5. Beal Street On A Saturday Night - Calvin Boze - Aladdin 1951 6. I'm Blue - Camille Howard Trio - Specialty 1950 7. Fee Fee Fi Fo Fum - Lavern Baker - LIVE on Alan Freed's Rock n' Roll Dance Party - 1956 8. Baby I Need You - El Dorados - Vee-Jay 1954 9. Beer Drinking Woman - Memphis Slim - Bluebird 1940 10. When My Baby Left Me - Cootie Williams & His Orch - Capitol 1945 11. One Mint Julep - The Clovers - Atlantic 1952 12. Drank Up All The Wine Last Night - Stick McGhee & His Spo-de-O-dee Buddies - Atlantic 1949 13. GREAT 78 - I'm So Good To You (Pretty Baby) - Jimmy "Baby Face" Lewis & His Band - Atlantic 1949 14. Aged & Mellow Blues - Little Esther - Federal 1952 15. The Train Kept A-Rollin' - Tiny Bradshaw - King 1951 16. I Can't Quit You Baby - Otis Rush - Cobra 1956 17. Golden Teardrops - The Flamingos - Chance 1953 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another GREAT show Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat.
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4582
Dave is back this week with another great set of rarities you just don't hear on terrestrial radio anymore. And rarely when it was new! See if any of these songs might jar a happy memory or two!
1. She Done Move - Elmore James 2. I've Got Love For You - Valentinos 3. Do It - Marvelows 4. I Do - Vel-Tones 5. Some Of Your Sweet Love - Wayne Cochran 6. It Ain't Funny - James Hunter 7. Lonely Winds - Drifters 8. There You Go - Exciters 9. Gondoliers, Shakespeares, Overseers, Playboys and Bums - Dr West's Medicine Show and Junk Band 10. Riot On Sunset Strip - Standells 11. Judy In Disguise - John Fred & Playboy Band 12. In Love - Mike Sheridan & Night Riders 13. Words Of Love - Beatles 14. I Don't Care - Eggheads 15. Smile A Little Smile For Me - Flying Machine 16. For My Sake - Girlfriends 17. Alley Alley - Sight & Sound 18. Wake Up - Minets Of England (Discovery of the Week) 19. The Zeke - Preachers
If you would like to welcome Dave or say hello or a future request on his show you can reach him at his Rock-it Radio e mail address at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4583 - EXCITEMENT OF EARLY 60S ROCK!
THE EXCITING ROCK/POP MUSIC OF THE EARLY 60'S
What if someone asked you, "What songs were exciting in the early 60's"? How would you answer that person? Maybe you would say, "Well this Elvis song from '61 is as exciting at "Jailhouse Rock" and this other tune is as exciting as "At The Hop". I'll help you answer that question with 25 great tunes. Forget the "Bobbys" and "Phil Spector." Here are some of them. Enjoy!!!
1) YOU CAN'T SIT DOWN (PART 2) - PHIL UPCHURCH COMBO (1961) 2) LITTLE SISTER - ELVIS PRESLEY (1961) 3) A WONDERFUL DREAM - THE MAJORS (1962) 4) THE FLY - CHUBBY CHECKER (1961) 5) LITTLE EGYPT - THE COASTERS (1961) 6) RAMA LAMA DING DONG - THE EDSELS ('58/'61) 7) NO, NO, NO - THE CHANTERS ('58/'61) 8) THERE'S A MOON OUT TONIGHT - THE CAPRIS ('58/'60) 9) ROCKIN' CRICKETS - THE HOT TODDIES/THE ROCKIN' REBELS ('59/'63) 10) LITTLE DIANE - DION AND THE DEL-SATINS (1962) (No Kazoo) 11) I LOVE YOU - THE VOLUMES (1961) 12) PUTTIN' TAIN - THE ALLEY CATS (1962) 13) RINKY DINK - DAVE "BABY" CORTEZ (1962) (Speed Corrected/Now it sounds like the 45 Version)\ 14) RUNAWAY - DEL SHANNON (1961) 15) PERCULATOR - BILLY JOE & THE CHECKMATES (1961) (My Counter Jukebox Song) 16) LONG BLACK TRAIN - CONWAY TWITTY (1960) 17) WALK ON BY - LEROY VAN DYKE (1961) 18) WHAT A SWEET THING THAT WAS - THE SHIRELLES (1961) 19) THAT'S HOW HEARTACHES ARE MADE - "BABY" WASHINGTON (1963) 20) OUR ANNIVERSARY - SHEP AND THE LIMELITES (1962) 21) MISIRLOU - DICK DALE & HIS DEL-TONES ('62/'63) 22) WHEN THE LOVELIGHT STARTS SHINING THROUGH HIS EYES - THE SUPREMES (1963) 23) MY GIFT TO YOU - RAY RUFF (1962) 24) TILL THEN - THE CLASSICS (1963) 25) CANDY GIRL - THE FOUR SEASONS (1963)
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4584
Rockin' Daddy O puts on his Rockabilly shoes for this show as he features his Rockabilly Ranch Party show featuring Rockabilly from yesterday and today! Come in and tune in and here is a playlist of this Rockin' Show.
1. Do The Robot-Marveluss Mickey & Rock-A-Sonics 2. Geronimo Stomp-Barry Darvell 3. Rock & Roll Fever-Jr. Warren 4. My Shadow-Rhythm Rockers 5. Spin The Bottle-Benny Joy 6. That Crazy Little House On The Hill-Gene La Marr & His Blue Flames 7. Get On The Right Track-Joe Clay 8. What You Do To Me-Rhythm Shakers 9. Bop Bobby Socks Bop-Alton Guyon & Boogie Blues Boys 10. Her Love Rubbed Off-Carl Perkins 11. Rock The World-Jittery Jack 12. La Tierra Delas Mil Danza-Bill Haley y Sus Cometas 13. Darlene-Jack Southern 14. Crazy Little Mama-Bill Reeder 15. I Love My Baby-Phaetons 16. Grandaddy's Rockin'-Mac Curtis 17. Rock It-Thumper Jones 18. That Girl Of Mine-Pat Cupp & Flying Saucers 19. Mumblinâ€™ Guitar-Bo Diddley 20. Be Bop Baby-Kathia Jane & V8â€™s 21. Romeo's Teacher-Lanny Duncan 22. Lou Lou-Darrell Rhodes 23. Let's Go Baby-Billy Eldridge & Fire Balls 24. A'int That Lovin' You Baby-Link Wray & Wraymen
Thank you Daddy O for another great set of rockin' rockabilly tunes. if you would like to write to Daddy O you can by e mailing him at: Daddyo@rockitradio.net
============================================== MIKE BOLLEA'S JUKEBOX PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4585
Mike Bollea's Jukebox Party is just that -- A party of great oldies coming thru your speakers on your computer and it is definetly worth a listen. It's a mix of R&B, and 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll.
We don't have a playlist for this show but it does come in 2 parts. If you have any questions or would like to send a hello to Mike you can write him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4586
From across the mighty North Atlantic and his studios in the United Kingdom -- Jackie Bond spins some of the rockinest retro 50s Rockabilly and Rock and Roll in this show. Tune in in our program webpage to find out! Here is what you will hear!
Unfortunately No Playlist for this show as well.
============================================== BILL GREEN & THE GIANT JUKEBOX IN THIS WEEK'S RETRO SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4587
Rock-it D J Bill Green flies in with his Giant Juke Box to present you with super variety of songs from the unknown to the unforgettable. You'll hear a same song showdown, a Skyliners sound alike group and hear a Chuck Berry song recorded in London. There's even a visit to the Island of Lost Records. All this and a lot more on Rock 'n Roll Retrospective.
1) Good Times - Gene Chandler (1965) 2) Bad Time - Grand Funk Railroad (1975) 3) Only Time Will Tell - Etta James (1965) 4) Time Will Tell - Bobby Charles (1956) 5) Keep Searchin' (We'll Follow The Sun) - Del Shannon (64/65) 6) I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore - The Young Rascals (65?66) 7) (I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone - The Monkees (66/67) 8) (I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone - Paul Revere & The Raiders (1966) 9) Beside My Love - The Dubs (1958) 10) As Long As I Have You - Elvis Presley (1958) 11) Maybe Baby - Buddy Holly (1958) 12) I Can't Stop Loving You - Ray Charles (1962) 13) The End Of The World - Skeeter Davis (1963) 14) She Thinks I Still Care - George Jones (1962) 15) (I Wanna) Testify - The Parliments (1967) 16) Is It Too Much To Ask - The Harborlites (1960) 17) Where Were You - The Wheels (1958) 18) I Don't Know - Hal Davis (1962) 19) I Want To Be Your Driver - Chuck Berry (1965) 20) Just Keep It Up - Dee Clark (1959) 21) Tell Me Why - Norman Fox & The Rob Roys (1957) 22) I'm In Love Again - Fats Domino (1956) 23) Miss You - The Holidays (1960) 24) Lonely Way - The Skyliners (1959)
Thanks Bill for another fantastic sounding flashback show. If you have any questions or requests or comments for Bill I know he would appreciate them. You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON DOO-WOP SHOW THIS WEEK LISTED AS SHOW #4588 ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete Chaston is back this week with more great doo wop of the 50s and the early 60s. Including the popular silly song segment. Here is the playlist of this show.
Unfortunately we don't have a playlist to this show.
============================================== SPECIAL: 15TH ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST OLDIES BATTLE ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4589
It's time for the annual East/West Showdown on Rock-it Radio. For the 15th consecutive year, Bill Green (from Rock & Roll Retrospective) and Lane Quigley (from The Memory Lane Show) join forces to do battle to determine which coast reigns supreme. In past years, the West has seven wins, the East has notched six victories, and there was one draw. You get to decide this year's outcome -- and when you vote, you will become eligible for prizes courtesy of Bennie Dingo and the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad.
If you're new to the Showdown, here is how it works. As you listen to this entertaining two-hour program, write down round-by-round your favorite song. At the end, you will then send in your vote. It's that simple. You can copy-and-paste the playlist below and use it for your ballot.
ballot received will be placed into a drawing, and at the end of the
month five lucky winners will be selected to win prizes from the Rock-it
Radio Launching Pad.
The show will air throughout the entire month of July, and the polls will close at 11:59 p.m. PDT on July 31. Don't forget to email your votes before the deadline. Lane
and Bill see every ballot, and they always enjoy your comments on the
show, including your reasons for voting for the songs. Listen, enjoy,
send in your ballot to Vote@RockitRadio.net and good luck!!
ROUND 1: BI-COASTAL [ ] WEST: Dirty Water - The Standells 1966 [ ] EAST: California Nights - Lesley Gore 1967
ROUND 2: SECOND TIME AROUND [ ] WEST: You Cheated - The Shields 1958 [ ] EAST: Dedicated To The One I Love - The Shirelles 1959/61
ROUND 3: I'VE HEARD THAT LICK BEFORE [ ] WEST: The Fool - Sanford Clark 1956 [ ] EAST: Down In The Boondocks - Billy Joe Royal 1965
ROUND 4: ISN'T THAT STRANGE? [ ] WEST: Strange Love - The Native Boys 1956 [ ] EAST: Strange Feeling - Billy Steward 1963
ROUND 5: DIGGIN' THE SAX MAN [ ] WEST: Riot In Cell Block #9 - The Robins (Gil Bernal) 1954 [ ] EAST: Charlie Brown - The Coasters (King Curtis) 1959
ROUND 6: BACKING TRACKS? [ ] WEST: Where Lovers Go - The Jaguars 1964 [ ] EAST: Do Do Do Bah Ah - Bert Keyes 1965
ROUND 7: SAME DAY, DIFFERENT COAST [ ] WEST: If a Man Answers - Bobby Darin 1962 [ ] EAST: Friendly Loans - The Marcels 1962
ROUND 8: WHO'S ON THAT RECORD? [ ] WEST: Desire - The Trophies 1962 [ ] EAST: Need You - Johnny Jack 1962
ROUND 9: THE HOTTEST NIGHT CLUB IN TOWN [ ] WEST: Seventh Son - Johnny Rivers 1965 [ ] EAST: Shout - Joey Dee & The Starlighters 1962
ROUND 10: IT'S A CRIME [ ] WEST: Uh Oh I'm Falling In Love Again - Jimmie Rodgers 1958 [ ] EAST: I'm So Lonely (What Will I Do)? - Shane Sheppard 1960
ROUND 11: GEORGIA (GIBBS) ON MY MIND [ ] WEST: Roll With Me Henry - Etta James 1955 [ ] EAST: Tweedle Dee - Lavern Baker 1955
ROUND 12: ONE HIT WONDERS [ ] WEST: Love You Son - Ron Holden & The Thunderbirds 1960 [ ] EAST: Let Me Go, Lover - Joan Weber 1955
So just cut and paste this ballot with your vote and send it off to the vote counters of Rock-it Radio at: firstname.lastname@example.org and have a chance to win some great prizes. And what a great milestone and hard to believe it has been 15 years since the first East vs. West Battle!
15th ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST BATTLE TO AIR IN JULY - YOUR CHANCE TO WIN PRIZES! It's that time of year again starting July 1st. Prizes will be drawn! To those that send in their votes and copy and paste the above ballot in this newsletter under Rock-it Radio show #4589. At the end of July -- Lane and Bill will randomly draw 5 winners to those that had voted. And will relay the e mail addresses to Rock-it Radio main studio here. The following winners will be announced in the Listener's club newsletter and here are the prizes and contacted via E mail.
1st Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and there choice of 5 Vintage Radio Broadcasts from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD.
2nd Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and there choice of 3 Vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD.
A CD Copy of the Show and a vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it
Store. And a vintage Radio show of their choice from the Rock-it Radio
Lauching Pad Store.
4th & 5th Place: A CD Copy of the show. And a vintage Rock-it Radio broadcast.
results of the tallying of you the Rock-it Radio Listener's that vote
will be posted in the Rock-it Radio newsletter in the first week of
August. If you are not a member of the Rock-it Radio Listener's club and
would like to join ... just go to our main webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net And
click to the banner towards the top of the page asking you to join.
It's free and we don't give out your e mail address and we don't
spam.... Happy Voting everyone! Here this the ballot and playlist below.
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
RIP - BOBBY BLUE BLAND PASSES AWAY AT 83 Bobby (Blue) Bland, the debonair balladeer whose sophisticated, emotionally fraught performances helped modernize the blues, died on Sunday June 24th at his home in Germantown, Tenn., a suburb of Memphis. He was 83. His death was confirmed by his son, Rodd, who played drums in his band. Though he possessed gifts on a par with his most accomplished peers, Mr. Bland never achieved the popular acclaim enjoyed by contemporaries like Ray Charles and B. B. King. But he was nevertheless a mainstay on the rhythm-and-blues charts and club circuit for decades.
His vocals, punctuated by the occasional squalling shout, were restrained, exhibiting a crooner's delicacy of phrasing and a kind of intimate pleading. He
influenced everyone from the soul singers Otis Redding and Wilson
Pickett to rock groups like the Allman Brothers and The Band.
Rock-it Radio DJ - Al 'Cool Daddy' Smith will be doing a special tribute show to him in the upcoming weeks, here at Rock-it Radio of this Blues great and we invite all of our listeners to tune in when it comes out.
PROGRAM MANAGER SUGGESTS SLEEPER MOVIE - 20 FEET FROM STARDOM.
Earlier this week - Program Manager Lane Quigley wrote to the Rock-it Radio DJ's suggesting a movie and thought I would pass it along to our listeners. As it does sound interesting. Lane writes the following:
"I am not much of a movie-goer ... in a good year, I'll see one movie. But last week I saw a flick that I would highly recommend to music lovers. It's a documentary entitled "20 Feet From Stardom" and it focuses on the background singers that have spent their careers mostly out of the limelight. It was interesting, fast-paced and well produced. I'm guessing that it is in limited release, so it may only be showing for short spurts in larger cities (it opened in LA & NY and is now in a few major cities)."
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from June 19, 2013 to June 30, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Sean O'Dea -- Brisbane, Queensland Australia Cam Haag -- Brisbane, Queensland Australia Kevin Myddleton -- Hailsham, United Kingdom Al Gordon -- Del Mar, California USA Brian -- India Darrell Curtis -- Houston, Texas USA Mark Orlando -- Alton, Illinois USA Neon Moonlight -- Kansas City, Missouri USA Gary Williams - Creston, British Columbia Canada
We have added 9 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,930 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 6/30/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #606 -- Vol. #1 thru #38 History of Rock and Roll 2. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 3. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 4. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor Ontario Canada 7/22/1967 5. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 6. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 7. RIR #114 -- Alan Freed WABC New York 11/5/1959 8. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 9. RIR #582 -- Real Don Steele KHJ Los Angeles 4/26/1965 10. RIR #270 -- Buddy Holly Tribute over BBC from 1965
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. France +0 5. Germany +0 6. Australia +0 7. Philippines +0 8. Italy +0 9. Mexico +2 10. Netherlands -1 11. Brazil -1 12. Japan +0 13. Argentina +7 14. Indonesia +30 15. Spain -2 16. Russia -2 17. Sweden -2 18. Switzerland -1 19. Finland +0 20. Belgium -7 21. India -2 22. Morocco +4 23. Greece +1 24. Saudi Arabia -1 25. Serbia +3 26. Ireland +9 27. Poland -6 28. Hungary -3 29. Romania -5 30. Chile +4 31. South Africa -4 32. Portugal +4 33. United Arab Emirates +4 34. Denmark +4 35. Colombia -1 36. Norway +12 37. Thailand +6 38. New Zealand -12 39. China -9 40. Bulgaria +2 41. Lithuania +9 42. Singapore +9 43. Austria -8 44. Ukraine -3 45. Malaysia +7 46. Venezuela +8 47. Czech Republic -15 48. Hong Kong +5 49. Peru -5 50. Slovakia +1
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Pennsylvania +0 4. Florida +0 5. Washington +1 6. New Jersey +1 7. Texas -2 8. Massachusetts +1 9. Illinois +1 10. Maryland +1 11. Indiana +1 12. Ohio -2 13. Virginia +0 14. Missouri +0 15. Michigan +1 16. Alabama +1 17. North Carolina +2 18. Arizona -4 19. Oregon +4 20. Tennessee -1 21. Georgia -1 22. Kansas -1 23. Wisconsin -1 24. Connecticut +0 25. South Carolina +2 26. Minnesota +0 27. Delaware +3 28. Colorado +4 29. Louisiana +0 30. Kentucky +1 31. West Virginia -1 32. Iowa -7 33. Nebraska +5 34. Nevada +1 35. New Hampshire -5 36. District of Columbia +3 37. Oklahoma -10 38. Rhode Island +2 39. Mississippi -6 40. New Mexico +2 41. Maine +2 42. Utah -6 43. Montana +2 44. Arkansas -7 45. Wyoming +1 46. Vermont +1 47. Hawaii +2 48. Idaho -4 49. South Dakota -2 50. Alaska +0 51. North Dakota +0
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!