As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Saturday, May 10, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4878 to #4887
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Another week has flown by this week. We have had a busy week here and a couple things of note is that We have started playing The Class of 1964 series for Rock-it Radio, along with a double play of the Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop show. Also we will be having our new drawing again and announce the winners of the Listener Club members. And much more !
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
PART I OF LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW 5O YEAR CLASS REUNION WITH THE MUSIC OF 1964 IN SHOW #4878 Graduation season is near, and that means it's time for the annual 50 Year Reunion celebration on Rock-it Radio. This week is the first of a four week series spotlighting the music and stories from the Class of 1964 on The Memory Lane Show. Over the next month, host Lane Quigley will present nearly 80 songs, 60 interview clips, and dozens of TV themes, commercials and news stories that provided the soundtrack to the senior class from 50 years ago this spring. Check out this week's playlist, and make sure to come back over the next three weeks for the rest of the series.
1. California Sun - The Rivieras 2. Money - The Kingsmen 3. Wow Wow Wee - The Angels 4. The Way You Do The Things You Do - The Temptations 5. You're a Wonderful One - Marvin Gaye 6. Louie Louie - The Kingsmen 7. Popsicles & Icicles - The Murmaids 8. Java - Al Hirt 9. Memphis - Johnny Rivers 10. Understand Your Man - Johnny Cash 11. The Shoop Shoop Song - Betty Everett 12. New Girl In School - Jan & Dean 13. Yesterday's Gone - Chad & Jeremy 14. Kiss Me Sailor - Diane Renay 15. I'll Make You Mine - Bobby Vee 16. Under The Boardwalk - The Drifters 17. Worried Guy - Johnny Tillotson 18. Every Little Bit Hurts - Brenda Holloway
Another great series from our program director Lane Quigley. We do already have the entire series for sale in our Ebay Store. and their is a article on that further down in the newsletter. But in the mean time Thank you to Lane for this series and if you would like to send comments, hellos or talk about the Music from the Class of 1964 you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH AND PT. 2 OF THE TRIBUTE TO ALBERT KING ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4879
From his studios in Brampton, Ontario Canada Al Cool Daddy Smith returns with Part II of the R&B and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Albert King. In this program we will attempt to show how Albert's Blues playing evolved over the course of four decades. As well artists who influenced Albert as well as those influenced by him will be played. Some very rare early Albert King recordings also appear in this show.
1.Look On Yonder Wall-Elmore James 1962 2. Blues Power-Albert King 1969 3. Indianola-Robben Ford 2009 4. Killing Floor-Albert King 1972 5. Guitar Man-Albert King 1978 6. Boot Lace-Albert King 1977 7. California-Albert King 1961 8. Be On Your Merry Way-Albert King 1953 9. Howlin' For My Darling-Albert King 1961 10. Match Box Blues-Blind Lemmon Jefferson 1927 11. Blues At Sunrise-Albert King 1960 12. Overall Junction-Albert King 1966 13. Worrisome Baby-Albert King 1965 14. Lonesome-Albert King 1965 15. Breaking Up Somebody's Home-Albert King 1972 16. Peepin' and a Moanin' Blues-Michael Bloomfield 1977 17. Get Out Of My Life Woman-Albert King 1978 18. What'd I Say-Albert King/w Pop Stales and Steve Cropper 1969
show from the Cool Daddy Himself - Very in depth look that is always
appreciated. If you would like to write to Al with any requests,
comments or hellos you can reach Al at: Cooldaddy@rockitradio.net
============================================== BILL GREEN AND THE ROCK AND ROLL RETROSPECTIVE SHOW WITH A ALL BLUES SPECIAL ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4880
Rock 'n Roll Retrospective host Bill Green returns with you to the roots. On this edition of the Retro Show Bill is playing nothin' but the Blues. This is timeless music. Take a listen and hear where it all started and where it's going today.
1) Don't Start Me Talkin' - Sonny Boy Williamson 2 (1955) 2) Help Me - Paul Butterfield Blues Band (1966) 3) Messin' With The Blues - James Brown (1960) 4) The Things That I Used To Do - Ike and Tina Turner (1969) 5) B Flat Blues - The Righteous Brothers (19630 6) Little Juke Joint - Michael Burks (2012) 7) Turn Off Your T V - Walter Trout (2012) 8) Runnin' Blue - Boz Skaggs (1971) 9) Everything Gonna Be Alright - Muddy Waters (1974) 10) I Can't Hold Out - Son Seals (1977) 11) Mother Nature - Koko Taylor (1993) 12) Someday, After Awhile - Freddy King (1965) 13) The Sky Is Crying - Albert King (1969) 14) Blues Around Midnight - B. B. King (1966) 15) Gonna Miss You Around Here - B. B. King (1962) 16) I'm Too Far Gone (To Turn Around Now) Bobby 'Blue' Bland (1965) 17) You're My Best Poker Hand - T-Bone Walker (1947) 18) Baby, What's Wrong - Elmore James (1953) 19) Roll Your Moneymaker - Shakey Jake (1958) 20) Don't Mess With My Man - Denise LaSalle (1983)
Bill hopes you don't have the blues but that you do enjoy them! Thanks Bill for another Blues special on the Rock & Roll Retrospective. If you would like to e mail Bill with any comments etc. you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4881
Dave is back this week with more hits and rarities and vinyl finds from the 1960s. Dave always surprises me with the rare finds he is able to come up with. Come have a listen by clicking to the speaker to show #4881. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Drums A Go-Go - Hollywood Persuaders 2. Bits and Pieces - Dave Clark Five 3. Do You Love Me - Tremeloes 4. Without Love - Aretha Franklin 5. Speak Softly Angel - Johnnie and Joe 6. What Good Am I Without You - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell 7. Hit The Ground - Terry Woodford 8. Ready Steady Let's Go - Tony Worsley & The Blue Jays 9. Going To A Go Go - Miracles 10. Challenge My Love - Toby Lark 11. Make It Easy On Yourself - Walker Brothers 12. Girl I Love You - Temptones 13. I Want To Talk To You - Michael & The Medallions 14. No Reply - Beatles 15. Love and A Friend - Tony Borders 16. Just For You - Sam Cooke 17. Sugar Daddy- Snow Men 18. Spider Man - Unbelievable Uglies (Discovery of the Week) 19. Just Out Of Reach - Zombies
Do you have a request you would like to hear on the Relics & Rarities show? You can e mail him at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4882
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. My Girlfriend-The Cadillacs (1957) 3. True Love, True Love-The Cupids (1960) 4. Feelin' No Pain-The Del-Satins (1963) 5. Here in Your Arms-The Elgins (xxxx) 6. Alone in This World-The Five Trojans (1958) 7. Ding-A-Ling-A-Ling Ding-Dong-Dicky Dell & The Bing Bongs (1958) 8. For You-The Cupids (1963) 9. Little Darlin' (live)-Elvis Presley (xxxx) 10. Bobbie-Joey & The Lexingtons (1963)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Little Darlin' (live)-Joan Baez (xxxx) 12. The Lion Sleeps Tonight (live)-Billy Joel & Jimmy Fallon (2014)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Real Pretty Mama-The Meadow Larks (1953) 14. All Through the Night-The Mystics (1959) 15. Don't Ask Me (To Be Lonely)-The Dubs (1957) 16. Trudy-Lonnie & The Carollons (1959)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Oh, But She Did-The El Capris (1956) 18. Jo-Jo-The Dells (1956) 19. Maybe You'll Be There-Billy & The Essentials (1963) 20. Lucky Me, I'm in Love-The El Domingos (1962)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Tell Me-The Master Tones (1954) 22. Love Will Make Your Mind Go Wild-The Penguins (1955) 23. Twilight-The Paragons (1958) 24. How Sentimental Can I Be-The Mellows (1954) 25. To a Soldier Boy-The Tassels (1960) 26. I'll Never Tell-The Harptones (1954)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4883
time for great sounding Doo Wop! And Cool Bobby B is here to bring it
to you! Rock-it Radio is proud to be the premiere internet provider for
the Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop. Here is the playlist of this week's show. Good things are happening here at Rock-it Radio as we are happy to announce that Cool Bobby B is now being played all 3 hours since starting last month here on Rock-it Radio.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (opening theme) 2. True True Love -- The Corvairs 3. There's a reason -- The Cascades 4. It's too soon to know -- The Orioles 5. A 1000 miles away -- The Heartbeats 6. Why don't you write me -- The Jacks 7. Fallen Angels -- The Four Fellows 8. My Only Love -- The C Quins 9. Lonely days, Lonely Nights -- The Fabulaires 10. Everyone's Laughing -- The Spaniels 11. So you will know -- The Paragons 12. Picture of Love -- The Continentals 13. Teen Angel -- Dion & Belmonts 14. I wonder why -- Dion & Belmonts 15. Be sure my love -- The Dubs 16. Daddy's Home -- Gene Chandler 17. Island of Love -- The Sheppards 18. Memories of El Monte -- The Penguins 19. Zing -- The Coasters
20. For your Precious Love -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 21. Moon Shining Bright -- The Tremaines 22. Oh Rose Marie -- The Fascinators 23. Please say you want me -- The Schoolboys 24. Hey Little School Girl -- The Paragons 25. I only have eyes for you -- The Flamingos 26. Mio Amore -- The Flamingos 27. Barbara -- The Temptations 28. In the Still of the night -- 5 Satins 29. There's a moon out tonight -- The Capris 30. One Summer Night -- Philly Cuzz 31. Hey Boy -- The Vibraniques 32. Guess Who -- Jesse Belvin 33. Could this be magic -- The Dubs 34. Let them Talk -- Little Willie John 35. The Stars -- Mike D'Amore 36. Dance girl dance -- Norman Fox & Rob Roys 37. If I knew -- The Cruisers 38. Gloria -- The Chariots
39. 11th hour melody -- The Rivieras 40. Moonlight Cocktails -- The Rivieras 41. Barbara Ann -- The Regents 42. Tonight, Tonight -- The Mello Kings 43. I believe -- The Earls 44. Florence -- The Paragons 45. Darling Lorraine -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 46. Dream Girl -- Norman Fox & Robroys 47. Sometimes -- Danny & The Juniors 48. Image of a girl -- The Safaris 49. On the street where you live -- The Chuckles 50. Teeter Totter Love -- The Marcels 51. Begin the Beguine -- The Ravens 52. I put the bomp -- Fred & The Embers 53. Dear Lord -- The Continentals 54. I put the Bomp -- Frankie Lymon 55. Is there a love for me -- The Dubs 56. No One -- The Dubs 57. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: email@example.com
Cool Bobby B has just updated his website of the Doo Wop Stop. Check it out by going to his bio. in our DJ page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/dj.html and click on the link to the Doo Wop Stop page.
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND'S ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY FEATURING ROCKABILLY GREAT BOB GIT IT KELLY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4884
Featuring music from The Strikes. Bob " Git It " Kelly joins us with his demo of Git It. Ronnie Dawson and Johnny Dollar give us some ACTIO PACKED rock and roll. Gene
Vincent's 14th recording session for Capitol , Session number 6687 at
Capitol Tower Hollywood, Los Angeles on March 25th 1958. Buckle up for some great ROCKABILLY & R'N'R .
01. Whole Lotta Shakin, Goin, On - Jerry Lee Lewis ( Bob " Git It Kelly " intro) .
Ricky Nelson 02 If You Can't Rock Me - Ricky Nelson 03. Baby I'm Sorry - Ricky Nelson
The Strikes 04. If You Can't Rock Me - The Strikes 05. Baby I'm Sorry - The Strikes 06. Come Back To Me - The Strikes 07. I Don't Want To Cry Over You - The Strikes 08. My Poor Heart - The Strikes 09. Rockin' - The Strikes
Gene Vincent Sessions 10. Dance In The Street - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 11. Git It - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps
Bob " Git It " Kelly 12. Git It - Bob " Git It " Kelly ( demo ) 13. Don't Be Cruel - Bob Kelly 14. Sea Cruise - Bob Kelly 15. Stagger Lee - BobKelly 16. That'll Be The Day - Bob Kelly 17. Thrill Me - The Expressions with Bob Kelly Id & song
Action Packed Tracks 18. High School Rock & Roll ( Cleveland ) - Tommy Facenda 19. Do Do Do - Ronnie Dawson 20. Action Packed - Ronnie Dawson 21. Action Packed - Johnny Dollar 22. Car Coat Baby - Johnny Dollar 23. Rockin' Bones - Johnny Dollar 24. Boppin' Wig Wam Willie - Ray Scott 25. Eenie Meeni Minie Mo - Hoyt Johnson
Great Show Trevor and it's an honor to have Robert Kelly join you in on the studio! And have him here on Rock-it Radio. If you have any questions, comments or just hellos to Trevor you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== KEN STRANGE AND THE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4885
Join Ken Strange as he delves into the archives to bring you another Country Record Round Up, with Country music from right across the board that includes singles and album tracks from as far back as the late 1930's through to the 00's. Plus his regular feature, 'Duos and Duets'. So let's head off across the plains for a round up.............. A Country Record Round Up that is!!
01. Intro - Medley 02. Would You Mind - Al Barkle & His Trail Blazers (52) Polkaland 03. Truck Driver Roll - Virginia Brannon (54) Camark 04. I Will Never Let You Go - Jackie Green (05) from the movie "Brokeback Mountain" 05. Linda On My Mind - Conway Twitty (75) MCA 06. What A Way To Live - Willie Nelson (64) Betty 07. Country Girl - Jeannie C. Riley (70) Plantation 08. Walking Shoes - Tanya Tucker (90) Capitol 09. Ethyl In My Gas Tank - Jimmy Heap & The Melody Masters (54) Capitol 10. It's Not Easy To Forget - Roy Aldridge (56) Emperor 11. Hickory Wind - The BR549 (96) Arista-Nashville 12. Walking The Floor Over You - Justin Tubb (85) Dot/MCA 13. You're The Reason Our Kids Are Ugly - Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn (78) MCA 14. Mocking Bird Hill - Les Paul & Mary Ford (51) Capitol 15. Sad Songs And Waltzes - Ernest Tubb & Gene Watson (79) Catchet 16. Through The Morning Through The Night - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss (07) Rounder 17. Cryin' Time - Jerry Lee & Linda Gail Lewis (69) Smash 18. From Here To There To You - Hank Locklin (61) RCA-Victor 19. Baby Honey - Sherry Lee (56) Mar-Vel 20. Jim Along Joe - The Coon Creek Girls (37/38) 21. This Stranger My Little Girl - Dottie West (75) RCA-Victor 22. Take It Like A Man - Michelle Wright (92) Arista-Nashville 23. Do I Do It To You Too - Linda Davis (92) Liberty 24. Above And Beyond - Buck Owens & His Buckeroos (60) Capitol 25. Cigarettes And Coffee Blues - Lefty Frizzell (58) Columbia 26. Outro - Medley
Ken started this series of shows to add a extra Genre of music here on Rock-it Radio. We sincerely hope you enjoy it! If you have any comments or dedications or would just like to say hello you can at: email@example.com
============================================== JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW FROM THE NETHERLANDS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4886
From the land of windmills, dykes, canals, cheese, tulips and wooden shoes here is another powerful Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers plays a selection of great songs including the Indorock song, the double spin and a classic instrumental. In this show you will hear music from Finland, the USA, Norway, the UK and the Netherlands. So, put on your blue suede shoes and petticoats and enjoy .....
1. Just this once - The Crickets - 1960 2. Dance beneath - The King Drapes - 2000 3. Be bop baby - Autry Inman - 1956 4. Crazy country hop - Johnny Otis - 1958 5. Paulette - Jack & Woody - 1960 6. Is you, or is you ain't - Duke Dickson - 1959 7. Feelin' - Johnny Kidd & the Pirates - 1959 8. Baby don't move me - The Paladins - 1999 9. Save my life - The Teen Cats - 1986 10. Why can't you and I - David Ray - 1956 11. Jitter bop baby - JD & the Chasers - 2004 12. Roosaleena - Conway Twitty - 1959 13. Roosaleena - Savage Kalman & the Explosion Rockers - 1979 14. Down on the farm boogie - Bill Chappell - 1963 15. All you ever do is bring me down - Rocking Jojo & his Red Angels - 1997 16. My lovin' arms - Johnny Roberts - 1959 17. Teds unite - Doomsday Rockers - 2001 18. My Suzie Jane - Bobby Lee Trammell - 1958 19. Uranium rock - Warren Smith - 1958 20. Lonesome tears in my eyes - The Rocking Birds - 1998 21. Go away don't bother me - The Collins Kids - 1956 22. Rockabilly guy - The Polecats - 1979 23. Some enchanted evening - Carl Mann - 1959 25. Rockin' Billy - Johnny Stark - 1957 25. Mr. Guitar - Bert Weedon - 1961
Great Rockabilly Show Jack and thank you again for all your great tunes you play here at Rock-it Radio! If you would like to send Jack an E mail for future requests etc. you can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COME CHECK OUT OUR ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE AT:
============================================== DOUBLE PLAY -- COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4887
No you are not seeing double we have thrown in two Cool Bobby B Shows in one week here at Rock-it Radio! He's the #1 Worldwide Doo Wop show worldwide! Come find out why by tuning into show #4887 in our program webpage. It's in 3 parts so you won't miss a single tune! Here is the playlist of what you will hear in this show.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee 2. Betty Ann -- Fabulous Four 3. Such a Night -- The Drifters 4. C'mon Marianne -- 4 Seasons 5. Your way -- The Camelots 6. Rock N Roll Age -- 4 Jays 7. Without you -- The Earls 8. In the still of the night -- 5 Satins 9. When I go to sleep at night -- The Tokens 10. I don't wanna cry -- The Ovations 11. Should I cry -- The Concords 12. My favorite Doo Wop Song -- Philly Cuzz 13. Looking for an echo -- The Persuassions 14. The Night -- Nick & the Nacks 15. Flames -- Five Sharks 16. C'est La Vie -- The Wrens 17. My Dream -- The Platters 18. Dear One -- The Scarlets 19. That's the way it goes -- The Harptones
20. I'll be seeing you -- 5 Satins 21. I'll be seeing you -- The Skyliners 22. I'll be forever loving you -- The El Dorados 23. One in a Million -- The Platters 24. White Cliffs of Dover -- The Mystics 25. They laughed at me -- Jackies & Starlites 26. Need you -- Donnie Owens 27. Could this be magic -- Johnny Maestro & Brooklyn Bridge 28. The Closer you are -- Magnificent 4 29. Have Fun -- Ann Cole 30. Island of Love -- Lee Andrews & Hearts 31. Whoever you are -- The Chantels 32. Rendezvous with love -- The Desires 33. There goes my love -- The Fantastics 34. I see a star -- The Roulettes 35. Hot dog dooly wah -- The Pyramids 36. Need your love -- The Metallics 37. One more chance -- The Demensions 38. Walking Along -- The Solitaires
39. 11th hour melody -- The Rivieras 40. Moonlight cocktails -- The Rivieras 41. Think Twice -- Brook Benton 42. Church bells may ring -- The Willows 43. Wish you were here -- Chosen Few 44. On the Island -- The Avons 45. Cyberspace -- Gray Jays 46. I do love you -- Tex and Chex 47. Love you baby all the time -- The Co Eds 48. I'm so in love -- Roxy & Daychords 49. The Bounce -- The Olympics 50. She is mine -- The Blue Notes 51. If you love me -- Little Jan & Radiants 52. Who do you think you are -- The Fascinators 53. That's my desire -- Dion & The Belmonts 54. Don't pity me -- Dion & Belmonts 55. This I swear -- The Skyliners 56. Let's start all over again -- The Paragons 57. Goodnight baby -- The Imaginations
If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: email@example.com
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
and let me know what you would like to have along with a mailing address
and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank
you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have August
drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
NEW WEBSITE AND GIVEAWAYS ANNOUNCED FOR ROCK-IT RADIO. We have set up a new website to see what the benefits are to join the Rock-it Radio Listener's Club. And to commemorate our 19th Year this month of the beginning of Rock-it Radio. With every newsletter we will be announching Listener
Club winners to win vintage Rock and Roll Radio shows or Rock-it Radio
shows on CD. The Listener's choice. Each week we will draw the names
of one new member from that week, andtwo other Listener Club members to
win our drawings.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW 4 CD SET OF THE CLASS OF 1964 HIGH SCHOOL REUNION IS NOW AVAILABLE IN ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE New Release!!!! Lane Quigley & The Memory Lane Show and the Class of 1964 50 year Class Reunion Music Memory Set. 4 CD's!!!
Get the set before it is even aired on Rock-it Radio - Now in our Ebay Store.
PROMOTION COMMOTION WEEKEND ENDURO RESULTS IN MANY NEW LISTENERS Last weekend the new promotion director Debbie Snowdove for Rock-it Radio along with Bennie Dingo together went on a 3 day search for more listener's for Rock-it Radio that resulted in several new listeners. They both worked thruout the nights with minimal sleep and we want to thank all those that joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club and started following us on Twitter where we saw the most growth. We are out to prove that Rock-it Radio gives you most then any other roots rock radio station out there.
ROCK-IT RADIO LISTENER CLUB WEEKLY DRAWING GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENTS. It's
time once again for the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club members drawing
our way to say thanks to our Rock-it Radio Listener Club members. The
following members have either won a Rock-it Radio show of their choice
or a vintage Rock & Roll Radio Show from the 50s to the 70s in the
Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. So insert Drumroll !!!!!
Our New Listener Club Member Giveaway Winner is:
Nita Maihle -- Georgia, USA
Winners this week of theListener Club Member Giveaways are:
John Cazier -- Rome City, Indiana USA Terry Gabel -- Elgin, Illinois USA Christa Ingebrand -- New Prague, Minnesota USA If you are one of those people for this week's winners You have 7 days from the Newsletter release date to get back to us at Rock-it Radio at the e mail address of: firstname.lastname@example.org In the Subject line write -- "I am a Winner" and let us know what you would like to have as a gift from Rock-it Radio. Either a vintage radio broadcast from our Launching Pad - Go ahead and shop and let us know at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
or if you would prefer a Rock-it Radio Show on CD let us know the Show # of the show and we can do that too! Please also in your e mail to us provide a mailing address as well to send these new shows off too.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 10 May, 2014 This week in our archives page at:
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it
Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching
Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from May 3, 2014 to
May 10, 2014. We hope
that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists and
information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Charles Farnell -- Jacksonville, North Carolina USA Dave Gateway -- London, United Kingdom Michael Giunta -- Glendale, New York USA Dan Nather -- Cincinatti, Ohio USA Nita Maihle -- Georgia, USA
And 333 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 365 !!! new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 71,255 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to
order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our on archives
webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within
24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older shows that
you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it Radio blog
site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
Then you may either pay by check or money
order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50 U.S. each and are
studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at the
Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50
U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide,
overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where
to send payment is at our webpage:
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or
shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep these oldies alive
and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
ROCK-IT RADIO STAFF NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 5/10/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #606 -- History of Rock & Roll - 38 CD Set from 1969 3. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 4. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 5. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show 6. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 7. RIR #267 -- Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg - WMEX Boston 12/12/1965 8. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 9. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 10. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ on WNEW New York from 1974
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 5/10/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Brazil +0 4. Canada +0 5. Germany +0 6. France +1 7. Croatia +1 8. Hungary -2 9. Spain +0 10. Australia +0 11. Argentina +0 12. Mexico +0 13. Netherlands +0 14. Japan +0 15. Italy +1 16. Sweden -1 17. Philippines +0 18. Austria +0 19. Ireland +4 20. Colombia -1 21. Belgium +4 22. Peru -3 23. Russia -1 24. Switzerland +0 25. South Africa -4 26. Chile +0 27. Finland +1 28. Greece +2 29. Norway +3 30. Thailand +1 31. New Zealand -3 32. Czech Republic +4 33. India +4 34. Indonesia -6 35. Romania +4 36. China -4 37. Guatemala -2 38. Slovakia +0 39. Poland -3 40. Portugal +4 41. Dominican Republic +0 42. Malaysia +0 43. Saudi Arabia +0 44. Singapore +6 45. Denmark +6 46. Bolivia +0 47. Costa Rica +1 48. Nicaragua +5 49. Honduras +8 50. Panama +9
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. Pennsylvania +0 4. New York +0 5. New Jersey +1 6. Texas -1 7. Washington +0 8. Ohio +0 9. Massachusetts +0 10. Illinois +0 11. North Carolina +1 12. Michigan -1 13. Wisconsin +0 14. Arizona +1 15. Missouri -1 16. Georgia +1 17. Virginia -1 18. Maryland +0 19. Tennessee +1 20. Oregon -1 21. Alabama +1 22. Indiana -1 23. Colorado +0 24. Kentucky +0 25. Connecticut +0 26. South Carolina +2 27. Rhode Island -1 28. Kansas -1 29. Oklahoma +2 30. Delaware -1 31. West Virginia +1 32. Nevada +1 33. Arkansas +1 34. Minnesota -5 35. Idaho +0 36. Louisiana +0 37. Iowa +1 38. Utah -1 39. New Mexico +0 40. Nebraska +1 41. New Hampshire -1 42. Missisippi +0 43. Wyoming +2 44. Montana +2 45. Maine -2 46. Vermont +1 47. Hawaii +1 48. District of Columbia -5 49. North Dakota +0 50. South Dakota +0 51. Alaska +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!