As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Sunday, May 18, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4888 to #4898
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
It's time for another newsletter and playlist featuring 11 shows this week! We have some various news items as well. Plus our weekly drawing for listener club members to win some Rock-it Radio prizes so make sure to check! Plus we welcome back programming from Matt the Cat and Steve Propes.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
PART II OF LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW 5O YEAR CLASS REUNION WITH THE MUSIC OF 1964 IN SHOW #4888 1964 was a pivotal year in many ways, particularly in the music industry. The British Invasion took the United States by storm, and changed the course of music forever. On this episode of the annual RockitRadio 50 Year Reunion Program, we celebrate the Class of 1964. This yearly special is always among the most popular programs on Rock-it Radio, and we think you'll enjoy this week's installment as we spotlight many of the first wave of U.K. artists to swarm the American Charts. Join host Lane Quigley on The Memory Lane Show for the second part of a four-week exploration into the music, news and pop culture that surrounded the graduates of the Class of '64.
1. Bits & Pieces - The Dave Clark Five 2. Little Children - Billy J. Kramer & The Dakotas 3. I Only Want To Be With You - Dusty Springfield 4. Run Run Run - The Supremes 5. Abigail Beecher - Freddy Cannon 6. All My Lovin' - The Beatles 7. World Without Love - Peter & Gordon 8. Diane - The Bachelors 9. Letter To The Beatles - The Four Preps 10. We Love You Beatles - The Carefrees 11. Hold Me Tight - The Beatles 12. Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying - Gerry & The Pacemakers 13. You Don't Own Me - Lesley Gore 14. Just Ain't Enough Love - Eddie Holland 15. Oh Baby (We Got a Good Thing Going) - Barbara Lynn 16. What Kind of Fool (Do You Think I Am) - The Tams 17. What Have I Got Of My Own - Trini Lopez 18. The World I Used To Know - Jimmie Rodgers 19. Wish Someone Would Care - Irma Thomas
Another great series from our program director Lane Quigley. We do already have the entire series for sale in our Ebay Store. and their is a article on that further down in the newsletter. But in the mean time Thank you to Lane for this series and if you would like to send comments, hellos or talk about the Music from the Class of 1964 you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you missed part I you can still catch it in show #4878 in our program page.
============================================== OTTO FUCHS AND THE ROCKIN' THE JOINT ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4889
From his studios in Baden, Austria Rockabilly expert and author and DJ Otto Fuchs returns this week with another rockin' Show of Rockabilly music. Here is this shows playlist below of what you hear when you go to our Program page and select show #4889.
01. ´C'mon Everybody -- Eddie Cochran 02. Pistol Packin'´ Mama -- Gene Vincent 03. Promised Land -- Elvis Presley 04. Long Blond Hair -- Johnny Powers 05. True Lips -- Cliff Rivers aka Joey Castle 06. Run Little Linda -- Ral Donner 07. Texas Tea -- Orion aka Jimmy Ellis 08. Rockin' Record Hop -- Carl Perkins 09. Whoa Mabel -- Bill Haley 10. I Wonder Why -- Dion & The Belmonts 11. Running Around -- Billy Fury 12. Settin' The Woods On Fire -- Johnny Burnette 13. Female Casanova -- Chilli & The Baracudas 14. Walking Back -- Number Nine 15. I Just Wonder Why -- The Billys 16. Queen Of The Hop -- Bobby Darin 17. Poor Jenny -- Everly Brothers 18. Long Before -- Fabian 19. Wear My Ring Around Your Neck -- Jean Vincent 20. I DonÂ´t Want Your RockinÂ´ Love -- Freddie Fingers Lee 21. I Need Your Love -- Flying Saucers 22. Wedding Bells -- Tommy Steele 23. Oklahoma Baby -- Johnny & The Jailbirds 24. DonÂ´t Let Go -- Dorsey Burnette 25. Jerry Lee's Rock & Roll Revival Show -- Jerry Lee Lewis 26. Mummy's Bar -- LeeÂ´s Revenge 27. Turn Around -- Bill Turner & The Blue Smoke Band 28. Stood Up -- Ricky Nelson
Thank You Otto and we look forward to your next show here on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to send Otto a request or comment for his show or just to say hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT & THE JUKE IN THE BACK IS BACK! PART I OF NEW ORLEANS R&B IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4890
New Orleans R&B, Pt. 1
the Cat returns with the Juke in the Back show with a 3 part series on
the great, influential and infectious music that came out of New
Orleans, one of America's most fertile musical cities. In fact, the
'Crescent City' is often cited as the birth place of Jazz, The Blues, R&B and Rock n Roll. While New Orleans certainly had its share of influential talent, from Louis Armstrong and Paul Gayten to Fats Domino and Dr. John, it's hard to give one single region all the credit. The music that flowed from this fruitful ground is definitely something special and on part 1, Matt
The Cat will look at New Orleans R&B from 1940 to 1953,
highlighting records by Professor Longhair, Fats Domino, Dave
Bartholomew, Lloyd Price and Shirley & Lee, just to name a few. Next
week on part 2, we'll look at the years 1953-55 and then we'll wrap up the series with a look at 1955-57. So get ready for some real jumpin' musical jambalaya on your source for vintage Rhythm & Blues on the Juke In The Back.
1. Swanee River Boogie -- Albert Ammons Mercury 1947 2. Where You At -- Lloyd Price Specialty 1953 3. Junker's Blues -- Champion Jack Dupree Okeh 1940 4. True -- Paul Gayten Trio DeLuxe 1947 5. 'Long About Midnight -- Roy Brown & His Mighty Mighty Men DeLuxe 1948 6. For You My Love -- Larry Darnell Regal 1949 7. Stack-'Lee Pt. 1 & 2 -- Archibald & His Orch Imperial 1950 8. Mardi Gras In New Orleans -- Professor Longhair & His New Orleans Boys Atlantic 1950 9. The Fat Man -- Fats Domino Imperial 1950 10. Two Faced Woman (A Two Faced Man) -- James Wayne & His Orch. Imperial 1951 11. Lawdy Miss Clawdy -- Lloyd Price & His Orch. Specialty 1952 12. I'm Gone -- Shirley & Lee Imperial 1952 13. *GREAT 78* Bald Head -- Roy Byrd & His Blues Jumpers Mercury 1950 14. My Ding-A-Ling -- Dave Bartholomew King 1952 15. Teachin' & Preachin' -- Royal Kings Specialty 1952 16. The Bells Are Ringing -- Smiley Lewis Imperial 1952 17. Going To The River -- Fats Domino Imperial 1953 18. After Hours -- Erskine Hawkins Bluebird 1946
Thanks Matt and glad to see your new studio is up and running! And we are able to play your shows once again. Also, you can now spend the night with Matt! It's true! He now has a bed and breakfast in historical Salem, Massachusetts. Check it out! Their is a link in his section of our DJ page. If you would like to write to Matt you can write to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4891
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Woo Woo Train-The Valentines (1955) 3. In the Evening-The Keynotes (1956) 4. Baby, I Need You-The El Dorados (1954) 5. Baby, I Love You So-The Don Juans (1956) 6. This is a Miracle-The Don Juans (1957) 7. Fat Fat Fat Mom-Mi-O (acappella version)The Chalets (xxxx) 8. You Belong to Me-The Duprees (1962) 9. September in the Park-The Duprees (1965)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
10. It's a Gas (disco version)-from MAD Magazine (1980) 11. Constipation Blues-Screaming Jay Hawkins (xxxx)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
12. Remember Then-The Earls (1962) 13. No, No, No-The Chanters (1958 & 1962) 14. It Wasn't So Long Before (Graduation is Here)-The Four Townsmen 15. Trudy-Lonnie & The Carollons (1959)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
16. Let it Please Be You-A Perfect Blend (1996) 17. Dear Lord-The Inclinations (xxxx)_The Dells (1956) 18. Rockin' Santa Claus-The Martells (1962) 19. Stay a Little Longer-The Equadors (1963)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
20. Over the Rainbow-The Dementions (1960) 21. My Reverie-The Sheps (1994) 22. There I Go-from the audition tapes of The Dell-Vikings (1956)
23. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH AND PT. 3 OF THE TRIBUTE TO ALBERT KING ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4892
From his studios in Brampton, Ontario Canada Al Cool Daddy Smith returns with Part III of the R&B and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Albert King. This show concludes my three part look at Rock and Roll Inductee Albert King. He was arguably the most influential blues guitarist of the modern era ,inspiring every 'Guitar Hero' to come after him including Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton , Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jeff Healy.. well the list could go on and on. This show features more tracks from the various labels he recorded for but focuses on the "In Session" album recorded in Hamilton Ontario in December of 1983 and features both Albert King and his disciple Stevie Ray Vaughn. Some Blues critics have suggested that this may be the greatest live Blues album ever recorded given that both men reach great heights in guitar blues guitar as they feed off each other. Most of the album is played and commented upon as we move through the show. The play list is short but the tracks are quite long.
The Play list is follows:
1. Match Box Blues-Albert King/Stevie Ray Vaughn 1983. 2. Funk-Shun-Albert King 1966 3. They Call It Stormy Monday-Albert King 1983 4. Chump Change-Albert King 1977 5. Old Times-conversation between Albert and Stevie Ray 1983 6. Ask Me No Questions-Albert King/Stevie Ray Vaughn 1983 7. Brand New Razor-Albert King/John Mayall 1971 8. Don't Lie To Me-Albert King/Stevie Ray Vaughn 9. Don't Throw Your Love On Me So Strong-Albert King 1961 (Thanks To Bill Bowen for providing me with this tune) 10. Turn It Over-Conversation with Albert and Stevie Ray/ Over All Junction follows with Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughn on guitars. 11. That's What The Blues Is All About-Albert King 1973 12. You Sure Drive A Hard Bargain-Albert King 1968
Another show from the Cool Daddy Himself - Very in depth look that is always appreciated. If you would like to write to Al with any requests, comments or hellos you can reach Al at: Cooldaddy@rockitradio.net
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4893
Dave is back this week with more hits and rarities and vinyl finds from the 1960s. Dave always surprises me with the rare finds he is able to come up with. Come have a listen by clicking to the speaker to show #4893. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Wham - DeVestas 2. Keep On Dancing - Gentrys 3. Wiggling Fool - Jack Hammer 4. Peter Rabbit - Dee Jay & the Runaways 5. Gotta Find Her - Razor's Edge 6. Don't Send Me No Flowers - Blue and The Grey 7. Sookie Sookie - Don Covay 8. You Laugh At Me - Johnny Fox and the Foxes 9. Tore Up - Hank Ballard 10. Havin A Party - Sam Cooke 11. I'll Never Go To A Party Again - Little Joe Cook 12. Can't Say No - M&M and Peanuts 13. Something Better Beginning - Honeycombs 14. Pretty Flamingo - Gene Pitney 15. If That's What Makes Her Glad - Rickey Drapkin 16. This Empty Place - Larry's Rebel's 17. You Don't Know Where Your Interest Lies - Five and A Penny 18. Hazy Shade Of Winter - Simon and Garfunkel 19. My Love Keeps On Growing - Morris Vaughn 20. 60 Seconds - Vibrants featuring Chester Hooks (Discovery Of The Week) 21. Back Of My Mind - Problems Of Tyme
1. Theme from Danger Man - Red Prysock & Orch 2. Forty Days and Forty Nights - Junior Lewis 3. Here Comes The Judge - Shorty Long 4. Let's Do Wrong - Bougalieu 5. I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better - Byrds 6. Now I'm Older - Steve and the Board 7. She's Not There - Zombies 8. I Can't Hold On - Lorraine Chandler 9. She Won't Come Back - Hesitations 10. Ask The Lonely - Four Tops 11. I Cry Alone - Ruby & The Romantics 12. Till There Was You - Beatles 13. Talk To An Angel - Toby Lark 14. Hey Lonely One - Baby Washington 15. Can't You Hear My Heartbeat - Goldie & The Gingerbreads 16. The Bigger They Are - Fabulettes 17. Diamonds - Lonnie Ray (Dan Penn actually) 18. Till The End Of Time - Gene Diamond 19. Leave Me Alone - Malibu (Discovery of Week) 20. Walkin' Shoes - Trolls 21. Back Of My Mind - Problems Of Tyme
Do you have a request you would like to hear on the Relics & Rarities show? You can e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR WITH LADIES WHO ROCK! OF ROCKABILLY IN SHOW #4894
"Ladies Who Rock!" Two dozen high octane tunes all dedicated to those great rockin' gals of yesteryear. With every song title about a Rockin' Gal. To tune in go to our program webpage and click to the speaker to show #4894. Here is the playlist of what you will hear.
1. Henrietta - Jimmy Dee & The Offbeats 1957 2. You're Late, Miss Kate - Jimmy Dee & The Offbeats 1958 3. Marie, Marie - Larry Williams 1957 4. Goodnight Irene - Jerry Lee Lewis 1957 5. Bonnie B. - Jerry Lee Lewis 1960 6. Bertha Lou - The Fendermen 1960 7. Judy - Elvis Presley 1961 8. Little Jeanie - The Delatones 1960 9. Linda Lou - Roy Head & The Traits 1962 10. Good Deal, Lucille - Jack Scott 1960 11. Lucy, Lucy - Freddie Fender 1961 12. Sweet Louella - Groovy Joe Poovey 1956 13. Rock And Roll Ruby - Warren Smith 1956 14. Snaggletooth Ann - Gene Norman & The Rocking Rockets 1959 15. Jennie With The Dark Blue Eyes - Doug Powell 1958 16. Daisy Belle - Andy Dio & The Highwaves 1958 17. Lulu Lee - Bill Craddock 1958 18. Poor Jenny - The Everly Brothers 1959 19. Sally Ann- Bobby Wayne With The Warriors 1955 20. My Susie J, My Susie Jane - Bobby Lee Trammell 1958 21. Lucille - Carl Perkins 1959 22. Baby Jean - Ronnie Hawkins & The Hawks 1960 23. Love Me, Mary Ann - Don Mooring & The Yellow Jackets 1956 24. Maybelline - Tommy Sands 1957
Mike is one of the longest running DJ's we have here at Rock-it Radio and always glad to get a show from him! If you would like to write to Mike with future requests or hellos you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4895
From the Netherlands this is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers brings you a selection of great songs with entries from the US, Germany, the Netherlands, England, Sweden, Scotland and Belgium. Have fun!
1. You're my baby - Roy Orbison - 1956 2. Dancing doll - Art Adams - 1960 3. Dog house rock - Bonneville - 1984 4. Dottie - Danny & the Juniors - 1958 5. We all get lucky someday - The Black Wings - 1999 6. Gee wiz it's you - Cliff Richard - 1961 7. It's walking talking time - Larry Finnegan - 1962 8. Babysitter boogie - Ralf Bendix - 1961 9. Jailhouse rock / King Creole - Billy Swan - 1999 10. Jean Dorothy - The Five Chesternuts - 1958 11. Little Brother - The Lane Brothers - 1958 13. Dein kleiner Bruder - Ted Herold - 1959 14. Our true love - The Black Knights - 1998 15. Mama's little baby - Kenny Loran - 1959 16. Mission Bell - Bill Fadden & the Mostly Losers - 2004 17. My little baby - Rose Maddox - 1959 18. Gimme lock a yo hair - Andy Anderson - 1960 19. In dreams - Mischief! - 2003 20. Dire need - Sonny West - 2002 20. I've got love - Sonny Deckleman - 1959 21. Real wild child - Ivan - 1958 22. Rockabilly rebel - Matchbox - 1979 23. Sady - Doug Sanford - 1958 24. Someone else's baby - Adam Faith - 1960 25. Sweet thing - Sonny James - 1958 26. Reveille rock - The Silhouets - 19xx
Another Rockin' Show from the Netherlands! Thanks so much Jack! If you would like to write to Jack with any future requests, or a comment to say Hello! You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also a special Happy Birthday to Jack as today was his birthday!
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4896
From his studios in Bendigo, Victoria Australia it's time once again from the top oldies DJ from Downunder - Mr. Trevor Hyland. Spinning that rockin' rockabilly for us here at Rock-it Radio. Dig this playlist of what you will hear when you click to show #4408 in our program webpage.
This week Featuring Gene Vincent's 6th recording session for Capitol . Session number 4587 at Owen Bradley's Studio in Nashville. Carl Mann slips in with a great rockin' track and Trev let's us know how we can order Carls new CD . Billy Harlan shares tracks from his fab new CD release " Let's Keep The 50's Alive " plus how to order his Cd & Tee Shirt.
Gene Vincent Sessions 01. Teenage Partner - Gene Vincent 02. Blues Stay Away from Me - Gene Vincent 03. Five Feet Of Lovin' - Gene Vincent 04. Cat Man - Gene vincent 05. Sad memories - Johnny Meeks & The Detours
High School Rock & Roll 06.High School U.S.A. ( Pittsburg ) - Tommy Facenda
Billy Harlan 07. Boogie Woogie Rock & Roll - Billy Harlan 08. I Ain't Elvis - Billy Harlin 09. She Loves That Old Jukebox - Billy Harlan 10. I Wanna Bop - Billy Harlan 11. Teen Jean Jive - Billy Harlin 12. School House Rock - Billy Harlan
Australia - Vicki Simms 13. I Wanna Bop - Vicki Simms 14. Yo Yo Heart - Vicki Simms 15. Hey Sherrif - Vicki Simms
Europe 16. Are You Still Crazy - Crazy Cavan 17. Big Black Cadillac - Crazy Cavan 18. Train Of Love - Crazy Cavan
Sun Conections 19. Crawdad Hole - Jack Earls 20. If You Don't Mind - Jack Earls 21. Sign On The Dotted Line - Jack Earls 22. I'm A Fool For Loving You - Jack Earls 23. Slow Down - Jack Earls
============================================== THE LOST SHOWS - STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4897
About a year ago Steve Propes Rock and Roll Author and expert and DJ who produced his shows out of WPMD in Cerritos, California - The Station stopped broadcasting and Steve lost his studios to produce his shows. But his last 50 shows still had not aired on Rock-it Radio. In the move from California to Idaho these shows have been shuffled around. But they have been rediscovered and features Steve Propes at this best with interviews of the R&B and Rock Scene of the 50s and 60s and him playing from the original vinyl from his collection of that era. We don't have a playlist of these shows but we are airing these last 50 or so shows for the next few months. So, come on in and tune in!
If you have a recording studio in the Long Beach, California area perhaps you could make a deal with Steve to where he can produce these shows once again. Or if you have any comments for Steve you can contact him at: email@example.com
====================================================== COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4898
It's time for great sounding Doo Wop! And Cool Bobby B is here to bring it to you! Rock-it Radio is proud to be the premiere internet provider for the Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop. Here is the playlist of this week's show. Good things are happening here at Rock-it Radio as we are happy to announce that Cool Bobby B is now being played all 3 hours since starting last month here on Rock-it Radio.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (opening theme) 2. Maybe you'll be there -- Billy & Essentials 3. There's no one but you -- The Strollers 4. The Big Knock -- The Stereos 5. Puddin N Tain -- Alley Cats 6. Little Star -- The Elegants 7. Possibility -- The Crowns 8. Ivory Tower -- Otis Williams & Charms 9. They're writing songs of love -- The Flamingos 10. Journey of Love -- The Crests 11. The way love should be -- The Nutmegs 12. Cry baby cry -- The Angels 13. You and Me -- The Unknowns 14. Chapel bells are ringing -- The Keynotes 15. Once in a lifetime -- The Barons 16. Hey Senorita -- The Admirations 17. Darling Forever -- Four Chevelles 18. Darling Can't you tell -- The Clusters 19. Goodbye to Love -- Chantels
20. It happened Today -- The Skyliners 21. Echo -- The Emotions 22. Ling Ting Tong -- 5 Keys 23. For your precious love -- Jerry Butler & Impressions 24. Rock N Roll Age -- The 4 J's 25. You must be an angel -- 5 Satins 26. Without you -- The Earls 27. Can't we be sweethearts -- The Cleftones 28. The Search is over -- The Imaginations 29. My baby loves me -- 5 Discs 30. Come on baby -- The Van Dykes 31. It's too late -- The Companions 32. This time -- Richard Blandon & Dubs 33. So this is love -- The Castelles 34. Baby it's me -- The Clouds 35. Again -- The Cliftonaires 36. Fine Girl -- The Cliftonairres 37. You gotta love him -- Little Isidore & Inquisitors 38. Devil or Angel -- The Clovers
39. 11th hour melody -- The Rivieras 40. Moonlight Cocktails -- The Rivieras 41. Winner Takes all -- The Platters 42. Heaven Knows I love you -- Chuck a lucks 43. Come go with me -- Del Vikings 44. Rock n Roll Cha Cha -- The Eternals 45. I give my heart to you -- The Accents 46. Everybody's somebody's fool -- The Heartbeats 47. 3 Steps from the Altar -- Shep & Limelites 48. What did Daddy Do -- Shep & Limelites 49. Lorraine -- The Bonnevilles 50. There's a moon out tonight -- The Capris 51. All in my mind -- Maxine Brown 52. Church bells may ring -- The Willows 53. Then they wonder why -- Philly Cuzz
54. False Alarm -- The Revels 55. In the still of the night -- Shake Rattle & Roll 56. Guided Missles -- The Cufflinks 57. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cool Bobby B has just updated his website of the Doo Wop Stop. Check it out by going to his bio. in our DJ page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/dj.html and click on the link to the Doo Wop Stop page.
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
and let me know what you would like to have along with a mailing address
and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank
you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have August
drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
NEW WEBSITE AND GIVEAWAYS ANNOUNCED FOR ROCK-IT RADIO. We have set up a new website to see what the benefits are to join the Rock-it Radio Listener's Club. And to commemorate our 19th Year this month of the beginning of Rock-it Radio. With every newsletter we will be announching Listener
Club winners to win vintage Rock and Roll Radio shows or Rock-it Radio
shows on CD. The Listener's choice. Each week we will draw the names
of one new member from that week, andtwo other Listener Club members to
win our drawings.
ROCK-IT RADIO 99.1 FM OUTLET IN POST FALLS IDAHO GOES OUT! This past week our FM outlet went down. And remains down. We will be working on it the next week but the transmitter automatically shuts down after 6 hours of broadcasting, after a couple of restarts. Steve Armstrong Station Engineer says hopefully it is a simple fix of too much heat being generated in the components of the transmitter and they are shutting off for safety reasons. If so a simple fix of some more fans will be used. We will keep you posted.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO T SHIRTS BEING DESIGNED BY JAMMIN JAN We are happy to report that more T Shirt designs are being released probably in the next week or so featuring new designs of Rock-it Radio! Artist Jammin' Jan is volunteering her time to produce these new T Shirts. We will be posting the designs also in our Facebook page next week at: http://www.facebook.com/rockitface
Jan is Bennie Dingo's wife and designed the original Rock-it Radio Cat on a Rocket logo way back in 1995. She is also quite an accomplished potter and her works can be seen at: http://www.rockitradio.net/ceramics.html
HEADSTONE FOR ROCK AND ROLL DJ LEGEND PORKY CHEDWICK A couple of months ago Rock and Roll Hall of fame inductee and legendary Pittsburgh DJ Porky Chedwick passed away. And is in need of a headstone for his grave. I received a message from Porky's friend Ed Weigle that their is a collection being made for his fans and are very close. Below is the information. If anyone is interested in contributing money for a grave stone for my mentor, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honoree, PORKY CHEDWICK, do so at any Dollar Bank location. Just mention The Porky Chedwick Memorial Trust Fund. It's a regional Pittsburgh area institution, so Google "Dollar Bank" and give them a call. We're almost there! Many thanks!
ICON DJ CASEY KASEM IN THE NEWS THIS PAST WEEK This past week the news was all a buzz about 82 year old DJ Icon Casey Kasem who ran the popular syndicated American Top 40 back in the 70s that turned also into a TV show in the 80s this past week. He was missing and reports of a custody battle between his kids and his wife became the news as Kasem today suffers from Advanced Parkinsons Disease. One rumor was he was on a Indian Reservation actually not far from here on the Washington side. Once the legal system got involved and a Judge demanded information it was discovered that Casey Kasem was in Seattle, Washington. Our hearts go out to Casey and his condition that now leaves him unable to speak. And hope that his wife and his children can come to an agreement that will be for the best for Casey and nothing more.
The Rock-it Radio Launching Pad has one show of Casey's available on CD going back to 1965 and a show when he was a local Jock on KRLA in Los Angeles.
ROCK-IT STATION ENGINEER WIFE TO GO ON MEDICAL MISSION TO SWAZILAND In a few months my nephew and station engineer Steve Armstrong's wife
Stephanie Armstrong is going on a medical mission to the African Nation
of Swaziland. To render basic medical aid and assistance to those not usually able to have access to basic medical needs. She is looking for donations to help get on this mission and also has a blog to follow her adventures into Africa. You can check it out at: http://ssea08.blogspot.com/
ROCK-IT RADIO LOOKING TO RETURN TO SHORTWAVE FOR 20TH ANNIVERSARY Rock-it Radio began on shortwave back in 1995 via IRRS in Milan, Italy. For our 20th anniversary we are looking to return. Though Shortwave is not used to the extent it was in years past. And even 20 years ago it is used less with the advent of webradio. But there are still 1000s of hobbyists that tune in on shortwave and those in remote areas of the world. We will be actively looking for a station that can relay Rock-it Radio programming. If you have any suggestions please contact me at: email@example.com
HOW OFFSHORE PIRATE RADIO CHANGED ROCK AND ROLL IN THE UK In the early and mid 1960s The BBC only dedicated a few hours a week to Rock and Roll music, usually on the weekends. There was no 24 hour Rock Stations in Great Britain. So, a Commercial offshore pirate stations like Radio Caroline, Radio London and Swinging Radio England popped up just anchored in International waters 12 miles from the Coast. The DJ's lived aboard the ships and is a wonderful story of Rock and Roll and Radio history. We have a website dedicated to that short era of rock history. Come visit it at: http://www.rockitradio.net/pirate.html
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW 4 CD SET OF THE CLASS OF 1964 HIGH SCHOOL REUNION IS NOW AVAILABLE IN ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE New Release!!!! Lane Quigley & The Memory Lane Show and the Class of 1964 50 year Class Reunion Music Memory Set. 4 CD's!!!
Get the set before it is even aired on Rock-it Radio - Now in our Ebay Store.
COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA What
is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually
collected by Radio fans. Come check out our webpage on collecting
ROCK-IT RADIO LISTENER CLUB WEEKLY DRAWING GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR 5/18/2014 It's
time once again for the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club members drawing
our way to say thanks to our Rock-it Radio Listener Club members. The
following members have either won a Rock-it Radio show of their choice
or a vintage Rock & Roll Radio Show from the 50s to the 70s in the
Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. So insert Drumroll !!!!!
Our New Listener Club Member Giveaway Winner is:
Fran Kelly - New York City, New York USA
Winners this week of theListener Club Member Giveaways are:
Larry Scott -- Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island Canada Phil Black -- Cardiff, United Kingdom Jeff Rudolph -- New York City, New York USA If you are one of those people for this week's winners You have 7 days from the Newsletter release date to get back to us at Rock-it Radio at the e mail address of: firstname.lastname@example.org In the Subject line write -- "I am a Winner" and let us know what you would like to have as a gift from Rock-it Radio. Either a vintage radio broadcast from our Launching Pad - Go ahead and shop and let us know at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
or if you would prefer a Rock-it Radio Show on CD let us know the Show # of the show and we can do that too! Please also in your e mail to us provide a mailing address as well to send these new shows off too.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 18 May, 2014 This week in our archives page at:
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it
Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching
Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from May 11, 2014 to
May 18, 2014. We hope
that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists and
information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
LJP10500 -- ??? Jacqueline Reuleux -- Paplaos, Cyprus James Adams -- Roaring Beach, Pennsylvania USA Ken Waller -- Etobicoke, Ontario Canada Stan Rogers -- Jackson, New Jersey USA Pastor Sagie Nadoo -- South Africa Fran Kelly -- New York, New York USA
And 166 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 204 !!! new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 71,459 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to
order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our on archives
webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within
24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older shows that
you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it Radio blog
site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
Then you may either pay by check or money
order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50 U.S. each and are
studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at the
Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50
U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide,
overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where
to send payment is at our webpage:
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or
shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep these oldies alive
and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
ROCK-IT RADIO STAFF NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 5/18/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #606 -- History of Rock & Roll - 38 CD Set from 1969 3. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 4. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 5. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ on WNEW New York from 1974 6. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show 7. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 8. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 9. RIR #267 -- Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg - WMEX Boston 12/12/1965 10. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 5/18/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Brazil +0 4. Canada +0 5. Croatia +2 6. France +0 7. Germany -2 8. Spain +1 9. Hungary -1 10. Australia +0 11. Japan +3 12. Argentina -1 13. Mexico -1 14. Netherlands -1 15. Italy +0 16. Ireland +3 17. Sweden -1 18. Philippines -1 19. Belgium +2 20. Colombia +0 21. Austria -3 22. Peru +0 23. Russia +0 24. South Africa +1 25. Chile +1 26. Switzerland -2 27. Greece +1 28. Norway +1 29. Finland -2 30. Dominican Republic +11 31. New Zealand +0 32. Thailand -2 33. Poland +6 34. Indonesia +0 35. Romania +0 36. Slovakia +2 37. Portugal +3 38. Czech Republic -5 39. Guatemala -2 40. India -7 41. China -9 42. Saudi Arabia +1 43. Bolivia +3 44. Bulgaria +8 45. Costa Rica +2 46. United Arab Emirates +5 47. Honduras +2 48. Denmark -4 49. Panama +1 50. Malaysia +3
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. Pennsylvania +0 4. New Jersey +1 5. New York -1 6. Texas +0 7. Washington +0 8. Ohio +0 9. Massachusetts +0 10. Illinois +0 11. North Carolina +0 12. Michigan +0 13. Arizona +1 14. Wisconsin -1 15. Virginia +2 16. Georgia +0 17. Maryland +1 18. Missouri -3 19. Oregon +1 20. Tennessee -1 21. Indiana +1 22. Colorado +1 23. Alabama -2 24. Connecticut +1 25. Kentucky -1 26. South Carolina +0 27. Kansas +1 28. Rhode Island -1 29. Delaware +1 30. Oklahoma -1 31. Arkansas +2 32. Nevada +0 33. Idaho +2 34. Minnesota +0 35. West Virginia -4 36. Iowa +1 37. New Mexico +2 38. Nebraska +2 39. Louisiana -3 40. Wyoming +3 41. Utah -4 42. Missisippi +0 43. New Hampshire -2 44. Hawaii +3 45. Maine +0 46. Montana -2 47. District of Columbia +1 48. Vermont -2 49. South Dakota +1 50. North Dakota -1 51. Alaska +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!