As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Saturday, May 24, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4899 to #4907
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
We have a total of 9 shows out this week filled with the usual great mix of 50s to 70s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop, Rockabilly, R&B and so much more! We also have our weekly drawing of Listener Club members to win some Rock-it Radio prizes and much more!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
PART III OF LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW 5O YEAR CLASS REUNION WITH THE MUSIC OF 1964 IN SHOW #4899
If you're celebrating your 50 Year Reunion this year, then this is the show for you. Remember back in 1964 when you were in your senior year? Well, now you are a senior again, and Rock-it Radio will bring back some fabulous memories with the music, stories and events that accompanied you as you prepared to graduate. Join host Lane Quigley on The Memory Lane Show for the third episode of a four-week special spotlighting the Class of 1964. You'll hear great music, along with sound bites from the folks who created the music, some memorable commercials, news stories and TV themes. Get ready for some great music and memories in honor of your 50 Year Reunion.
1. Out of Limits - The Marketts 2. I Get Around - The Beach Boys 3. (The Best Part of) Breakinâ€™ Up - The Ronettes 4. Try To Find Another Man - The Righteous Brothers 5. People - Barbara Streisand 6. Not Fade Away - The Rolling Stones 7. Whispering - Nino Tempo & April Stevens 8. What's The Matter With You Baby - Marvin Gaye & Mary Wells 9. Suspicion - Terry Stafford 10. Viva Las Vegas - Elvis Presley 11. My Boy Lollipop - Millie Small 12. Rules of Love - The Orlons 13. The Girl From Ipanema - Stan Getz & Astrud Gilberto 14. Baby Baby I Still Love You - The Cinderellas 15. Three Window Coupe - The Rip Chords 16. Goin' Back To Louisiana - Bruce Channel 17. Hey Bobby Needle - Chubby Checker 18. Dream Lover - The Paris Sisters 19. High On a Hill - Scott English 20. As Usual - Brenda Lee
Another great series from our program director Lane Quigley. We do already have the entire series for sale in our Ebay Store. and their is a article on that further down in the newsletter. But in the mean time Thank you to Lane for this series and if you would like to send comments, hellos or talk about the Music from the Class of 1964 you can reach him at: email@example.com
If you missed part II you can still catch it in show #4889 in our program page.
============================================== PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW WITH PART I OF 'MY GIRL' IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4900
Papa Walt has the distinct pleasure of being our 4900th show of Rock-it Radio hard to believe that 100 more shows we will hit the 5000 Milestone. I would easily guess the most of any internet radio station. Anyways,
The Papa Walt's Oldies Show is offering a two-part jamboree of songs that contain one-word titles consisting of girls' names. Sit back and take a ride through four decades of songs about "My Girl."
1. Diana - Paul Anka (1957) 2. Sandy - Larry Hall (1959) 3. Donna - Ritchie Valens (1959) 4. Claudette - Roy Orbison (1958) 5. Gina - Johnny Mathis (1962) 6. Sheila - Tommy Roe (1962) 7. Patches - Dickey Lee (1962) 8. Sherry - The Four Seasons (1962) 9. Jamie - Eddie Holland (1961) 10. Gloria - Them (1964) 11. Michelle - The Beatles (1965) 12. Dawn - The Four Seasons (1964) 13. Delilah - Tom Jones (1968) 14. Julia - The Beatles (1968) 15. Denise - Randy and the Rainbows (1963) 16. Lalena - Donovan (1968) 17. Bernadette - The Four Tops (1967) 18. Elenore - The Turtles (1968) 19. Valleri - The Monkees (1968) 20. Windy - The Association (1967) 21. Tracy - The Cuff Links (1969) 22. Venus - Shocking Blue (1969) 23. Susan - The Buckinghams (1968) 24. Deseri - The Mothers of Invention (1968) 25. Ivy - Savage Grace (1970) 26. Candida - Dawn (1970)
Thanks Walt for another interesting show! We will be broadcasting pt. 2 next week here on Rock-it Radio so keep an eye out for it. If you have any requests, comments or hellos you can contact Walt at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4901
Rockin' Daddy O is back this week with another great set of Rockabilly music. And Daddy O will always keep thing jumping with his delivery of the tunes! So come tune in by going to our program webpage and clicking to show #4901. Here is the playlist ...
1. Scorched Earth-The Flames 2. In N Out Shout-The Rip'em Ups 3. Rosewell '47-The Di Maggio Conection 4. Flying Saucer Rock 'N Roll-Billy Lee Riley & His Little Green Men 5. Flying Saucer Boogie-Mary Ann & The Ragtime Wranglers 6. Teenie Weenie Man-Danny Wheeler 7. Rocker-Nick Curran & The Lowlifes 8. Made It Ma, Top Of The World-Charlie Hightone & The Rock-its 9. A-Bomb Bop-A-Bones 10. They Just Rocking & Rolling-V. and B.B. 11. Dirty Dishes-Jeani Mack 12. Real Rockin' Daddy-Rhythm Shakers 13. Out Of Fuel-Dragtones 14. Oooh Crazy-Jimmy Starr 15. Swing! Swing! Swing!-Tony Harris 16. Rollin' Out-Bloodshots 17. Home Cookin'-Ronnie Dawson 18. Savage-Alan Barnicoat 19. Untrue-Bob Vidone & The Rhythm Rockers 20. Renegade-The Vectors 21. Looking For My Baby-Nightriders 22. Cat Squirrel-Doctor Ross & The Orbits 23. Woodpecker Rock-Braves 24. Dearest Darling-Bo Diddley
Do you have a request of Rockabilly you would like to hear on the Rockin' Daddy O Rockabilly Ranch party. Or would just like to contact him? You can at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT & THE JUKE IN THE BACK IS BACK! PART II OF NEW ORLEANS R&B IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4902
New Orleans R&B, Pt. 2
This week, it's part 2 of Juke In The Back's 3 part series on the great, influential and infectious music that came out of New Orleans, one of America's most fertile musical cities. In fact, the "Crescent City" is often cited as the birth place of Jazz, The Blues, R&B and Rock n' Roll. While New Orleans certainly had its share of influential talent, from Louis Armstrong and Paul Gayten to Fats Domino and Dr. John, it's hard to give one single region all the credit. The music that flowed from this fruitful ground is definitely something special and on part 2, Matt The Cat will look at New Orleans R&B from 1953 to 1955, highlighting records by Professor Longhair, Fats Domino, Dave Bartholomew, Lloyd Price, Shirley & Lee, Eddie Bo and many more. Next week on part 3, we'll wrap up our series with a look at New Orleans R&B from 1955-1957. So get ready for some real jumpin' musical jambalaya on your source for vintage Rhythm & Blues on the Juke In The Back.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons Mercury 1947 2. Ain't It A Shame - Lloyd Price & His Orch. Specialty 1953 3. 4-11=44 - Bobby Mitchell & The Toppers Imperial 1953 4. The Things That I Used To Do - Guitar Slim & His Band Specialty 1953 5. Tipitina - Professor Longhair & His Blues Scholars Atlantic 1954 6. Jock-A-Mo - Sugar Boy & His Cane Cutters Checker 1954 7. I Didn't Want To Do It - The Spiders Imperial 1954 8. Blue Monday - Smiley Lewis Imperial 1954 9. Toy Bell - The Bees Imperial 1954 10. Jam Up - Tommy Ridgley & His Band Atlantic 1954 11. Mardi Gras Mambo - The Hawketts Chess 1955 12. *GREAT 78* Jump Children - Dave Bartholomew Imperial 1954 13. Feels So Good - Shirley & Lee Aladdin 1955 14. I Hear You Knocking - Smiley Lewis Imperial 1955 15. So Glad - Little Bo & Orch Ace 1955 16. Tutti Frutti - Little Richard & His Band Specialty 1955 17. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet & His Creoles Specialty 1955 18. Shrimp & Gumbo - Dave Bartholomew Imperial 1955 19. Ain't It A Shame - Fats Domino Imperial 1955 20. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins Bluebird 1946
Thanks Matt and glad to see your new studio is up and running! And we are able to play your shows once again. Also, you can now spend the night with Matt! It's true! He now has a bed and breakfast in historical Salem, Massachusetts. Check it out! Their is a link in his section of our DJ page. If you would like to write to Matt you can write to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4903
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
Unfortunately we don't have a playlist for this show
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW FOCUS ON MISSOURI ROCKABILLY ON SHOW #4904 WITH SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE
"REGIONAL ROUND UP PART 18 - MISSOURI PT 1"
Join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for a musical trip around the State of Missouri as he dips into his music library to bring you some of the record label out of Missouri, the towns and cities where those labels were situated and of course the artists who recorded on them. Featuring Rock and Roll, Rockabilly, Doo Wop, and the regular feature of the Movin' & Groovin' Rock and Roll Show, the Smooch Spot where you have the chance to grab your partner, get up real close and personal, hands on, and smooch awhile.
01. Intro - Medley 02. On Down The Line - Zig Dillon (60) R - Kansas City 03. Let's Have A Ball - Jim McDonald (58) KMC - Kansas City 04. You Don't Love Me Baby - Harold McKinnon & The Remm Shots (58) Carter - St Louis 05. So Let's Rock - Austin Wood & His Missouri Swingsters (59) Sure - St James 06. Brenda - Kenny Loren & The Cordairs (59) Dawn - St Louis 07. Big Fat Papa - Tommy Boyer (50's) Hub - Festus 08. Wait Till I'm Sixteen - Karen Wheeler (61) K-Ark - St Louis ................................................................ LISTENER REQUEST for PEGGY CASANOVA. 09. Put A Nickle In The Jukebox - Willie Goodson (59) Hammond - Baton Rouge Louisiana ................................................................
10. Hep Cat - Larry Terry (61) Testa - Jennings 11. Lay Your Head On My Shoulder - Alvis Wayne (58) Westport - Kansas City 12. Hey Hey Pussycat - Uncle Avis & The Corncobs (68) AW - Center 13. Rock And Roll Blues - Jules Blattner (59) Bobbin - St Louis 14. My Conscience Knows - Don Clements (65) Skipper - Springfield 15. Don't Leave Me To Cry - The Dusters (55) Hudson - St Louis 16. Calling Your Name - Chuck Bernard & His Blue Notes (58) Joyce - St Louis 17. My Baby She's Rockin' - Jim McDonald (57) Choice - Kansas City 18. Twistin' Jane - Dean Wolfe (61) Broadway - Caruthersville 19. Move On - Melvin Blake & The Star Rockers (60's) Rodney - Imperial 20. Gee Whiz Miss Liz - Marvin Jackson & The Ozark Toppers (60's) Crestwood - Cadet 21. E String Boogie (instrumental) - The Night Rockers (58) Jan - Marshall 22. The Two Step - Larry Niswonger (63) Dallas - Cape Girardeau 23. Let's Jive It - Lee Ebert (58) Rocket - Branson 24. Half Pint Baby - Ray Ruff (61) Norman - St Louis 25. Poor Me - Chandos McRill & The Excellons (59) Stardust - Perryville 26. Shake Baby Shake - Harold Zahner + Johnny Smith & The Missouri Two (50's) Smith - St Marys 27. Tally Ho - Ernie Nowlin & The Blue Shadow Boys (57) Missouri - St Louis 28. Rock And Roll Deacon - Screamin' Joe Neal + The Jerry Brown Orchestra (59) Shippings - St Louis 29. Thinkin' 'Bout Your Love - Lee Dresser (60) Damon - Kansas City 30. Outro - Medley
Thank you DJ Spinning Rock for another in depth look at regional Rockabilly releases. Missouri sure did show them how to do rockabilly! If you have any request or comments to DJ Spinning Rock Boogie you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COME CHECK OUT OUR ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE AT:
============================================== CLARKE JAMES - CJ THE DJ WITH THE ROCK N ROLL RECORD REVIEW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4905
1. Intro. Stack-A-Records (Partial) â€" Tom Tall 2. Rockin' The Blues - The Rockets Featuring Dave Folkes 3. Hard Headed Woman - Judy Layne 4. Our Love Will Never End - The Avons 5. Girl I Love - The Glowtones 6. Rock Your Little Baby To Sleep - Buddy Knox 7. One Track Mind - Bobby Lewis 8. Scarlet Angel - The Styles 9. Yes It's True - The Tuxedos 10. Rave On - Buddy Holly 11. Friday Night Go Go - The Hi-Lites 12. At My Front Door - El Dorados 13. Cross My Heart - The Concords 14. Pizza Pie - Norman Fox & The Rob Roys 15. El Pizza - Dudley 16. The Pizza Song - Dick Biondi 17. Real (This Is Real) - Frankie Valle And The Romans 18. Someday - Ricky Nelson 19. Downshiftin' - The Ree-Gents 20. Straightaway - The Shut Downs 21. Eatin- Cold French Fries & Drinking A Luke Warm Coke - Louise Lovett 22. Teenagers Dream - Kodoks (Kodaks) 23. Dream - The Monotones 24. Funny What A Little Kiss Can Do - The Untouchables 25. I'm Into Something Good - Earl-Jean 26. I Wanna Love Him So Bad - The Jelly Beans 27. Cry Baby - The Bonnie Sisters 28. Walking Along - The Solitaires 29. Tell Me Why - Norman Fox And The Rob-Roys 30. History - Joannie King 31. Rockin' This Joint To-Nite - Kid Thomas
Clarke always comes up with a great mix of rock & roll just like it was played back then! If you have a request for Clarke's show or just to say hello you can reach him at: Clarke@rockitradio.net
============================================== THE LOST SHOWS - STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4906
About a year ago Steve Propes Rock and Roll Author and expert and DJ who produced his shows out of WPMD in Cerritos, California - The Station stopped broadcasting and Steve lost his studios to produce his shows. But his last 50 shows still had not aired on Rock-it Radio. In the move from California to Idaho these shows have been shuffled around. But they have been rediscovered and features Steve Propes at this best with interviews of the R&B and Rock Scene of the 50s and 60s and him playing from the original vinyl from his collection of that era. We don't have a playlist of these shows but we are airing these last 50 or so shows for the next few months. So, come on in and tune in!
If you have a recording studio in the Long Beach, California area perhaps you could make a deal with Steve to where he can produce these shows once again. Or if you have any comments for Steve you can contact him at: email@example.com
====================================================== COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4907
It's time for great sounding Doo Wop! And Cool Bobby B is here to bring it to you! Rock-it Radio is proud to be the premiere internet provider for the Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop. Here is the playlist of this week's show. Good things are happening here at Rock-it Radio as we are happy to announce that Cool Bobby B is now being played all 3 hours since starting last month here on Rock-it Radio.
** THIS IS THE ANNUAL SPECIAL OF THE TOP 50 REQUESTED SONGS ON THE COOL BOBBY B SHOW THIS PAST YEAR **
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (opening theme) 2. Rainy day bells -- The Globetrotters 3. Gee but I'd give the world -- Anthony & Sophomores 4. Here am I -- 4 Jays 5. Gloria -- The Cadillacs 6. Unchained melody -- Vito & Salutations 7. 16 Candles -- The Crests 8. Maybe -- The Chantels 9. A wonderful dream -- The Majors 10. Maybe you'll be there -- Billy & The Essentials 11. Two people in the world -- The Imperials 12. Up on the Mountain -- The Magnificents 13. Could this be magic -- The Dubs 14. Till Then -- The Classics 15. Try the Impossible -- Lee Andrews & Hearts 16. Sh Boom -- The Chords 17. Gee -- The Crows 18. Church bells may ring -- The Willows 19. Gloria -- Vito & Salutations
20. Mia Amore -- The Flamingos 21. Secret Love -- The Moonglows 22. Rama Lama Ding Dong -- The Edsels 23. Cool Bobby B -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 24. Hushabye -- The Mystics 25. So in Love -- The Tymes 26. Imagination -- The Quotations 27. Cruise to the moon -- The Chaperones 28. Row your boat -- The Chanters 29. Everyday of the week -- The Students 30. Have you heard -- The Duprees 31. Teardrops - Lee Andrews & Hearts 32. Blue Moon - The Marcels 33. Ling Ting Tong -- 5 Keys 34. The Wind - Nolan Strong & Diablos 35. Florence -- The Paragons 36. Come go with me -- Del Vikings 37. You Cheated -- The Shields 38. Honey Honey -- Lewis Lymon & Teenchords
39. 11th hour melody -- The Rivieras 40. I wish that we were married - Ronnie & Hi Lites 41. Zoom Zoom Zoom -- the Collegians 42. In the still of the night -- Shake Rattle & Roll 43. Lonely boy -- Ronny Jones & Classmates 44. Daddy's home -- Shep & Limelites 45. I remember -- 5 Discs 46. You belong to me -- The Duprees 47. Looking for an echo -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 48. I'm so happy -- Lewis Lymon & Teenchords 49. Sincerely -- The Moonglows 50. ABC's of Love -- Frankie Lymon & Teenagers 51. Twilight Time -- The Platters 52. Never let you go -- 5 Discs 53. I'm so young -- The Students 54. Earth Angel -- The Penguins 55. In the still of the night -- Five Satins 56. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cool Bobby B has just updated his website of the Doo Wop Stop. Check it out by going to his bio. in our DJ page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/dj.html and click on the link to the Doo Wop Stop page. ============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
and let me know what you would like to have along with a mailing address
and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank
you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have August
drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
NEW WEBSITE AND GIVEAWAYS ANNOUNCED FOR ROCK-IT RADIO. We have set up a new website to see what the benefits are to join the Rock-it Radio Listener's Club. And to commemorate our 19th Year this month of the beginning of Rock-it Radio. With every newsletter we will be announching Listener
Club winners to win vintage Rock and Roll Radio shows or Rock-it Radio
shows on CD. The Listener's choice. Each week we will draw the names
of one new member from that week, andtwo other Listener Club members to
win our drawings.
ROCK-IT RADIO 99.1 FM OUTLET IN POST FALLS IDAHO RETURNS ON THE AIR Thanks to our station engineer Steve Armstrong we are once again on the air at 99.1 FM - Their appeared to be a shielding grounding problem shutting down the transmitter. But as of last night we are once again have returned to FM. Thanks Steve!
HEADSTONE FOR ROCK AND ROLL DJ LEGEND PORKY CHEDWICK A couple of months ago Rock and Roll Hall of fame inductee and legendary Pittsburgh DJ Porky Chedwick passed away. And is in need of a headstone for his grave. I received a message from Porky's friend Ed Weigle that their is a collection being made for his fans and are very close. Below is the information. If anyone is interested in contributing money for a grave stone for my mentor, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honoree, PORKY CHEDWICK, do so at any Dollar Bank location. Just mention The Porky Chedwick Memorial Trust Fund. It's a regional Pittsburgh area institution, so Google "Dollar Bank" and give them a call. We're almost there! Many thanks!
ROCK-IT STATION ENGINEER WIFE TO GO ON MEDICAL MISSION TO SWAZILAND In a few months my nephew and station engineer Steve Armstrong's wife
Stephanie Armstrong is going on a medical mission to the African Nation
of Swaziland. To render basic medical aid and assistance to those not usually able to have access to basic medical needs. She is looking for donations to help get on this mission and also has a blog to follow her adventures into Africa. You can check it out at: http://ssea08.blogspot.com/
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW 4 CD SET OF THE CLASS OF 1964 HIGH SCHOOL REUNION IS NOW AVAILABLE IN ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE New Release!!!! Lane Quigley & The Memory Lane Show and the Class of 1964 50 year Class Reunion Music Memory Set. 4 CD's!!!
Get the set before it is even aired on Rock-it Radio - Now in our Ebay Store.
COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA What
is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually
collected by Radio fans. Come check out our webpage on collecting
ROCK-IT RADIO LISTENER CLUB WEEKLY DRAWING GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR 5/24/2014 It's
time once again for the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club members drawing
our way to say thanks to our Rock-it Radio Listener Club members. The
following members have either won a Rock-it Radio show of their choice
or a vintage Rock & Roll Radio Show from the 50s to the 70s in the
Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. So insert Drumroll !!!!!
Our New Listener Club Member Giveaway Winner is:
Dawn Abbott -- Strong, Maine USA
Winners this week of theListener Club Member Giveaways are:
James Coughlin -- Vero Beach, Florida Ray Williams -- Lebanon Church, Virginia Alan Kruze -- Green Valley, Arizona If you are one of those people for this week's winners You have 7 days from the Newsletter release date to get back to us at Rock-it Radio at the e mail address of: email@example.com In the Subject line write -- "I am a Winner" and let us know what you would like to have as a gift from Rock-it Radio. Either a vintage radio broadcast from our Launching Pad - Go ahead and shop and let us know at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
or if you would prefer a Rock-it Radio Show on CD let us know the Show # of the show and we can do that too! Please also in your e mail to us provide a mailing address as well to send these new shows off too.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 24 May, 2014 This week in our archives page at:
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it
Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching
Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from May 19, 2014 to
May 24, 2014. We hope
that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists and
information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
And 63 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 104 !!! new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 71,563 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to
order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our on archives
webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within
24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older shows that
you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it Radio blog
site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
Then you may either pay by check or money
order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50 U.S. each and are
studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at the
Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50
U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide,
overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where
to send payment is at our webpage:
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or
shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep these oldies alive
and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
ROCK-IT RADIO STAFF NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 5/24/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #606 -- History of Rock & Roll - 38 CD Set from 1969 3. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 4. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 5. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ on WNEW New York from 1974 6. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show 7. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 8. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 9. RIR #267 -- Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg - WMEX Boston 12/12/1965 10. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 5/18/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Brazil +0 4. Canada +0 5. France +1 6. Croatia -1 7. Germany +0 8. Spain +0 9. Hungary +0 10. Australia +0 11. Japan +0 12. Argentina +0 13. Mexico +0 14. Netherlands +0 15. Italy +0 16. Ireland +0 17. Sweden +0 18. Philippines +0 19. Belgium +0 20. Russia +3 21. Peru +1 22. Colombia -2 23. Austria -2 24. Chile +1 25. Switzerland +1 26. Greece +1 27. South Africa -3 28. Norway +0 29. Finland +0 30. Dominican Republic +0 31. Thailand +1 32. Portugal +5 33. New Zealand -2 34. Slovakia +2 35. Romania +0 36. Indonesia -4 37. Poland -4 38. India +2 39. Czech Republic -1 40. Saudi Arabia +2 41. Guatemala -3 42. Bolivia +1 43. China -2 44. Bulgaria +0 45. Israel +7 46. Malaysia +4 47. Serbia +8 48. Belarus +6 49. Panama +0 50. Costa Rica -4
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. New Jersey +1 4. Pennsylvania -1 5. New York +0 6. Texas +0 7. Washington +0 8. Ohio +0 9. Massachusetts +0 10. North Carolina +1 11. Illinois -1 12. Michigan +0 13. Arizona +0 14. Virginia +1 15. Maryland +2 16. Wisconsin -2 17. Missouri +1 18. Colorado +4 19. Georgia -3 20. Tennessee +0 21. Oregon -2 22. Indiana -1 23. Alabama +0 24. Connecticut +0 25. Kentucky +0 26. Rhode Island +2 27. South Carolina -1 28. Kansas -1 29. Arkansas +2 30. Delaware -1 31. Minnesota +3 32. Idaho +1 33. Oklahoma -4 34. Nevada +0 35. West Virginia +0 36. Louisiana +3 37. Iowa -1 38. New Mexico -1 39. Wyoming +1 40. Nebraska -4 41. Utah +0 42. Maine +3 43. Hawaii +1 44. Mississippi -2 45. New Hampshire -2 46. District of Columbia +1 47. Montana -1 48. Vermont +0 49. South Dakota +0 50. North Dakota +0 51. Alaska +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!